How do I take a screenshot in/of Batllegrounds?

"How Do I...?"
ruffian
Captain

How do I take a screenshot in/of Batllegrounds?

Post by ruffian » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:28 pm

How do i take a screenshot in Battlegrounds? I've searched the forums & the manual...no luck.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:55 pm

If you're using v1.0.9 or later, use the "Export Screenshot" command on the BG button's popup menu.

Alternatively...

On Windows, you can also do something like Shift-PrintScreen (that's a key combo), which saves the current contents of the screen to RAM, and you can then paste that into a new Paint document.

On a Mac, Command-Shift-3 will capture the full screen, and Command-Shift-4 will give you a marquee tool to select just the portion of the screen you'd like to capture.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:08 am

It's just the Print Screen button in windows. No need for Shift.
Hitting Print Screen will put a screenshot on your clipboard. Just have to paste it and crop off the parts you don't want.

Haven't tried the built-in BRPG screenshots yet.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:19 am

Examples:

This was generated by BRPG export function, I should have zoomed in on the map a little more but you get the idea... main benefit is no "window" borders...

This is print screen... quick to do but draw back is that it selects the entire contents of the screen. If you have a menu bar or anything else on display at the same time, it will grab that too...

Finally, [ALT]+[Print Screen] will grab just the active window. In a previous career incarnation i used to write a lot of specification and training documentation. This was my preferred method of screen capture if I didn't have a techier screen capture tool at hand. Main advantage is that you can scale the relative dimensions of the final image by sizing the window itself...

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:28 am

Halebop wrote:This was generated by BRPG export function... main benefit is no "window" borders...
Another benefit is that it hides BRPG's GUI elements, such as the red BG button, and the zoom level indicator.

A drawback is that only the map window's contents can be captured this way. You'll need to use external means to capture things like BRPG's other panels and windows, or if you want to capture open contextual popup menus, range measuring in progress, and so on.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:55 am

The promoter in me would have left some branding somewhere in the image... :wink:

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:11 pm

Halebop wrote:The promoter in me would have left some branding somewhere in the image... :wink:
Actually I find that sort of thing to be disgusting. If I pay for the software, I don't expect to be forced to advertise it.
That's something I don't like with Dunjinni's policies in fact.

canadrian
Soldier

Capture a window in OS X

Post by canadrian » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:42 am

As mentioned, cmd-shift-4 will give you a selection marquee on OS X. Another cool tip is to hit cmd-shift-4, and then hit the spacebar - your marquee will change to a camera-shaped cursor, and any window you move it over will hilight. Clicking that window will capture a screenshot of it.

susanspy
Cannon Fodder

Post by susanspy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Hello all,

i am new to Linux, any one knows how to screenshot in it? i was a user of windows but just migrated to linux, screenshot is easy in windows but not sure about linux.

please help.

Cheers!!!

keyword software~keyword tool
search keyword~track keyword