Shadows of Brimstone?

Virtual tabletop software specifically designed for boardgames, wargames, card games and dice games
ruffian
Captain

Re: Shadows of Brimstone?

Post by ruffian » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:10 pm

No... it seems to relate to the number of displayed components/minis. The fewer on screen the less lag/hang. It's not a huge deal just a minor annoyance at times.

The Dice Macro features is awesome! For each of the GEAR cards I'm creating Dice Macros. As the player acquires a new gear card they acquire the Macro. This should speed game play & hopefully add to that excitement of finding treasure :D By attaching the Macro ahead of time the "ugh I need a sec to Macro this card..." is eliminated.
Attachments
Macro1.jpg
To Hit with Dead Man's Iron
Macro1.jpg (212.35 KiB) Viewed 6054 times
Macro2.jpg
To Wound with Dead Man's Iron
Macro2.jpg (206.81 KiB) Viewed 6054 times

ruffian
Captain

Post by ruffian » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:52 pm

Doing it this way I can't use the Draw/Discard feature or it clears my Macros. But I can still Stack & Shuffle. The Host must click & drag the top card off the top then Swap the Tokens to reveal the card.

ruffian
Captain

Post by ruffian » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:00 pm

I'm considering having a NORMAL GEAR deck & a second Hidden GEAR deck with the MACROS. Players draw from the Normal GEAR deck & the Host can just place the MACRO'd card in the player's view & reveal it. Then delete the NORMAL drawn card. This will double my GEAR Deck components to begin with but as we play it deletes 1 every time there is a draw from the NORMAL Deck...

ruffian
Captain

Post by ruffian » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Any thoughts...

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:34 pm

ruffian wrote:Doing it this way I can't use the Draw/Discard feature or it clears my Macros. But I can still Stack & Shuffle. The Host must click & drag the top card off the top then Swap the Tokens to reveal the card.
That sounds like a bug. Would you mind writing this up as a Bug Report, so it doesn't get forgotten?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:36 pm

I'd never thought of having a dice macro on a card before.

Even if there were no bug, I suspect it might be possible to tell what card is on top of the deck just be right-clicking and looking in the Dice Macro submenu. Are the cards owned by "Everyone"?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

ruffian
Captain

Post by ruffian » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Yes for the Draw Decks they are owned by everyone. So I don't have to draw for each player.

The GEAR cards are for the most part Weapons all with different attack stats. Putting the MACROS on the Cards allows me to keep them organized, Only have them appear to players if they own it, & keeps them all from appearing in GLOBAL MACROS. It's working quite well.

ruffian
Captain

Post by ruffian » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:07 am

heruca wrote:I'd never thought of having a dice macro on a card before.

Even if there were no bug, I suspect it might be possible to tell what card is on top of the deck just be right-clicking and looking in the Dice Macro sub menu. Are the cards owned by "Everyone"?
This is true the Dice Macro is still searchable. A feature to Hide the Macros when un-drawn would be good. But for Know I'll try having a Normal no macro deck & a 'ghost' Macro deck on the side.

But I'll also limit the players to one shuffle before drawing so they'll get what they get anyway. The game is a co-op non-competitive so I don't think it would mater much knowing as you'll be drawing one card anyway & shuffling every draw.

ruffian
Captain

Post by ruffian » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:35 am

Well I've hit the Sprite Wall...?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:22 am

Too many components? How many are you up to? 650 or so?

ruffian
Captain

Post by ruffian » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:06 pm

I had made a Deployment of all the Enemies as minis. I forgot to check the component count. I just converted them all to token/components. I don't see a need for them to be minis. so that freed up sprites. Currently the count is 349...

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:08 pm

OK, you should be good for at least another couple of hundred components, then.