Question About Card Decks

Virtual tabletop software specifically designed for boardgames, wargames, card games and dice games
ZenMonkey11
Sergeant

Question About Card Decks

Post by ZenMonkey11 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:19 pm

I'm making a game in BGE and it requires one of the card decks to be turned side ways. I can't seem to find anything other then rotate unite. Is there a better way?

heruca
Developer

Re: Question About Card Decks

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:21 pm

Rotate unit is probably the best way. Even if you are playing gridless, I suggest basing the game file on a hidden square grid, so that facing changes happen in 90 degree increments (rather than 60 degrees, as on a hexgrid).

When rotated cards get shuffled back into a deck, they will be automatically straightened (they lose their rotation/facing).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Re-reading your post, I am wondering if perhaps you meant having the cards designed in landscape orientation (i.e., horizontal, rather than vertical). That's entirely up to you.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

ZenMonkey11
Sergeant

Post by ZenMonkey11 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:52 pm

No you were right the first time. It's a regular sized deck (similar to tcg) it's just that when you put them on there game board space, they have to be horizontal.

Also can you tell me if there are any updates to "Intruder" that I need to know about?... I purchased the game a few years back and I know it had a missing file that you e-mailed to me right away. I just wanted to know if there was an update to include that missing file now. The file was a Intruder Power.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:56 am

I remember that in Feb 2013, I updated the Intruder gamebox download to include a ReadMe file with installation instructions that had accidentally been omitted from the original release. Don't recall anything about a missing alien power.

ZenMonkey11
Sergeant

Post by ZenMonkey11 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:46 am

I e-mailed you back asking where do I download the updated Intruder Box.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:04 pm

I have re-uploaded the Intruder game box to the server, making sure to include the installation instructions and the previously-missing dice macro. You can re-download the file using the original download link I sent you. If you need me to send you the link again, let me know.

ZenMonkey11
Sergeant

Post by ZenMonkey11 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:31 am

heruca wrote:I have re-uploaded the Intruder game box to the server, making sure to include the installation instructions and the previously-missing dice macro. You can re-download the file using the original download link I sent you. If you need me to send you the link again, let me know.
Can you please send me the link again. I checked my saved e-mails, and I don't seem to have it anymore.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:07 am

Email re-sent.