A few questions.

Virtual tabletop software specifically designed for boardgames, wargames, card games and dice games
rab46
Captain

A few questions.

Post by rab46 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:59 pm

I've created a couple of games in BGE and have a few questions:

1. Is it possible to set the default for rotating units with the mouse wheel to off? I have a bad habit of spinning the wheel back and forth when I'm thinking and it more often than not leads to me accidently locking up the program. I'm better off to just disable it. Right now I have to remember to shut if off every time I start BGE.

2. I've noticed that when I try to create a card deck using files with names that are numeric that the program locks up. There's a pretty easy work around (just precede the name with an alpha character) but didn't know if this has been noticed before or if it's unique to me.

By the way, I really like this program. I'm having a great time porting my favorite games over and playing them.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Welcome, rab46.

1. Not yet. But I've heard of at least one user who had the mousewheel crash issue, and after he did a full reinstall from a fresh zip file, the problem went away on his computer.

2. I seem to recall seeing some behavior like that before, in BRPG. It was related to the unit auto-numbering code, if I'm not mistaken. Does it happen all the time or only with numbers over ~160? Your workaround is what I was going to suggest. An alpha suffix might also do the trick.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the program (despite those quirks).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

rab46
Captain

Post by rab46 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:22 pm

-I've done fresh installs from the zip file I downloaded initially. I'll try downloading the zip file again and do a reinstall and see what happens.

-The files were autonumbered by GIMP2 using the guillotine command. It autonumbers the files that are generated with a code that indicates where they were positioned in the original graphic prior to being split. The file names are a sequence of characters separated by hyphens; parent file name-row-column-sequence number. The problem pops up in BGE when the parent file name is a number.

-"Quirks" are what make life interesting!