Horrible Game Session Update Soon?

Virtual tabletop software specifically designed for boardgames, wargames, card games and dice games
Dangazzm
Soldier

Horrible Game Session Update Soon?

Post by Dangazzm » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:18 pm

So today I spent trying to get the software to run zombie plague with my friend. After getting everything setup (telling him not to mouse over anything with a portrait lol) it told me Macromedia Projector has crashed BOOM last everything. Well I tried to load the autosave but it crashed it again. ALRIGHT one more go. Loaded up the cards ETC now he crashed something about missing game files then a whole slew of errors started popping up.

Then I tried making my Catan pieces into a file so we could play that. This is a small issue but still one I think. I made the hexs into cards so I could shuffle them and you can change the offset of the only when you have a single card selected... and if you change the offset of just ONE of the cards it starts to act real funky like if you have the card selected which changes the offset or size they all change to that offset/size. Now select a different one and they all change back... strange.

Didn't know if that last one was a bug or not but anyways... I am... just I dunno. Anyways, hoping that it all gets ironed out.

heruca
Developer

Re: Horrible Game Session Update Soon?

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:23 pm

Egads! I thought you were going to hold off on multiplayer sessions until the v1.1 update was released. Trying to play around that portrait bug is a recipe for disaster.

The v1.1 update is coming soon, I promise. I wasn't able to get it released last weekend, as I'd hoped, but it won't be long, now.
Dangazzm wrote:Then I tried making my Catan pieces into a file so we could play that. This is a small issue but still one I think. I made the hexs into cards so I could shuffle them and you can change the offset of the only when you have a single card selected... and if you change the offset of just ONE of the cards it starts to act real funky like if you have the card selected which changes the offset or size they all change to that offset/size. Now select a different one and they all change back... strange.

Didn't know if that last one was a bug or not but anyways... I am... just I dunno. Anyways, hoping that it all gets ironed out.
Not a bug.
Pg. 41 of the BGE User Manual wrote:Note that you can apply different scale and rotation settings to different units which use the same artwork, but the offsets for any given artwork must be the same. If you need to use different offsets, you will have to duplicate the artwork in BGEs œComponents
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.