Custom Minis

Virtual tabletop software specifically designed for boardgames, wargames, card games and dice games
Smapdiness
Cannon Fodder

Custom Minis

Post by Smapdiness » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:23 pm

I'm trying out the demo version and am wondering how to set up something like D&D or Starwars Minis. After adding a mini on the gameboard and editing the notes, portrait (scanned card), and visual scaling; is there a way to save the customized Mini with the changes so that it can be used again?

If i'm industrious enough, I'd like to create/save a custom Mini for each model I own then the players be able to select some minis from the pool for the game session.

Thanks for any help.

TRIAD4Evr
General

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:12 pm

Sure, you can save any mini or group of minis as a "Deployment File" which maintains all that information and then you can load as many Deployments as you need, with the game keeping it all intact. I do it all the time on the RPG edition and I can't imagine this feature is significantly different on the boardgame engine. All you have to do is highlight the specific mini (or minis) once you have all the info (notes, portrait, etc) set, and then just "Save Deployment". Very smooth and handy.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:12 pm

Welcome, Smapdiness.

That's correct. The Deployment feature works the same in both BRPG and BGE.

You can save minis to Deployment files individually, or in groups. Basically, whatever unit/s are selected when you select the "Save Deployment" command is what gets saved to the file.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.