Status of Wargame Edition

Virtual tabletop software specifically designed for boardgames, wargames, card games and dice games
rrvistas
General

Status of Wargame Edition

Post by rrvistas » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:51 am

Hi there,

whats the Status of the Wargames Edition, any chance that we will see it this year?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:29 pm

I plan to begin work on the Wargame Edition once the RPG Edition v1.x series is finished. The last v1.4 version of BRPG will be released today, and v1.5 will be the final installment. So this could mean that I am about 3 months away from finishing BRPG and starting work on the Wargame Edition. As always, plans may change, but this is my best guess at the moment.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

rrvistas
General

Post by rrvistas » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:13 am

heruca wrote:I plan to begin work on the Wargame Edition once the RPG Edition v1.x series is finished. The last v1.4 version of BRPG will be released today, and v1.5 will be the final installment.
Can you reuse stuff from RPG Edition or will it be a complete redesign?
In other words, how much work do you think it will take before we can test the first beta of the Wargame edition?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:27 am

I can probably re-use about 60% of the BRPG codebase, so development of the Wargame Edition should be relatively quick, and I therefore expect at least a few beta releases by the end of the year. But there will also be some significant rewrites. It's also likely that the improved game engine will then become the starting point for BRPG v2.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Klingbeil
Sergeant

Post by Klingbeil » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:27 pm

not to revive a dead topic, but is this "wargame edition" what BGE comes from?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Correct. What was originally planned as the Wargame Edition has been replaced by BGE, instead. BGE is more full-featured, since it adds support for dice games and card games, which were not planned features of the Wargame Edition.