Critterz: Tokens and Maps

tailz
Sergeant

Critterz: Tokens and Maps

Post by tailz » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Hey there folks, I've been tinkering with tokens and maps once again. Here are some images of what I have in the works... Just general animals and monsters, and random encounter maps...

The aim of this bunch of tokens is to give Game Masters a few odd creatures and animals to flesh out the background.

So far the set includes (highlighted tokens displayed in the image above):

Bear, beetle swarm, big horn sheep, cat, cockroach swarm, crab swarm, crocodile, deer fawn, dragon snake, eagle, fly swarm, giant crab, giant fly, hippo, horse, large beetle, large cockroach, large crab, large frog, large snake, large spider, lion, mutant, octopus, sea monster tentacle, small dragon, watcher, wolf.

Each one includes the figure in a few different poses. Here is a sample of all of the Small Dragon Tokens...

I also plan to throw in some random encounter maps, the high grade stuff I like to make at the 3:1 scale to match the tokens...

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:23 am

Hi Tailz,

Good to see you around here again.

Those tokens look great, and so do the maps. Nice job on providing various preview images, too.

Quick question about the tokens. Are they all original, or were some pulled from places like the DJ forum? I ask because that Beholder looks just like the one DevilDan posted over there. It's probably just a case of using the same 3D model that he did, but I want to be sure if I or others get this pack that it won't be full of stuff we may already have in our collection.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:29 am

By the way, the quality of your stuff looks great. We should talk about having you do an official artpack for Battlegrounds.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:13 am

heruca wrote:Hi Tailz,

Good to see you around here again.
It has been a while... also... one crashed Hard drive and one burned out graphics card.... :cry:
heruca wrote:Those tokens look great, and so do the maps. Nice job on providing various preview images, too.
I aim to please :D
heruca wrote:Quick question about the tokens. Are they all original, or were some pulled from places like the DJ forum? I ask because that Beholder looks just like the one DevilDan posted over there.
DevilDan more than likely buys his 3D Models from the same place I buy them. I've seen a few other folks around using the same 3D models in different ways.

I make extensive use of ready made 3D models from place like Daz Studio, Dosch Design, Aery Soul, Gunpoint 3D, etc. I don't have the time at the moment to sit around 3D modelling stuff for tokens. Wish I did have time, as I love 3D modelling, I used to model fantasy houses and space ships about 10 years ago in 3D Studio.... and today, I really want to get my paws on Zbrush to do some more modelling. So who knows what I might get up too...
heruca wrote:It's probably just a case of using the same 3D model that he did, but I want to be sure if I or others get this pack that it won't be full of stuff we may already have in our collection.
Ahhh, if your worried about the Beholder (I call him a Watcher) I might make an image to preview the fellow.

Better yet, you can be a lab rat for me and test drive the pack when I complete the instruction files tonight. Keep an eyeball on your email :D
heruca wrote:By the way, the quality of your stuff looks great. We should talk about having you do an official artpack for Battlegrounds.
Hhuummm... an art pack, you might be able to twist my arm.

How about a WWII themed rule set? I make the pretty pictures, you write the code 8)
Tailz Silver Paws
Follow Tailz at deviantART, Twitter, Facebook, or Studio WyldFurr.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm not actively looking for more games to develop at this point (although I have two or three titles in my sights that I would do in a heartbeat if I got the publisher's permission).

markuwp
General

Re: Critterz: Tokens and Maps

Post by markuwp » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:23 pm

tailz wrote:Hey there folks, I've been tinkering with tokens and maps once again. Here are some images of what I have in the works... Just general animals and monsters, and random encounter maps...

The aim of this bunch of tokens is to give Game Masters a few odd creatures and animals to flesh out the background.
These look great. Where can we access your work?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:03 pm

markuwp wrote:Where can we access your work?
Normally here, but I think his site was hacked recently and should be back shortly. In the meantime, try a search for "wyldfurr" on rpgnow.com.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Wow, that stuff looks really great :D 8) :shock:

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:28 am

I have completed the Read_Me.pdf and the User_Guide.pdf. Here is a preview...

Markuwp wrote:These look great. Where can we access your work?
Hey ya, you can find my goodies on RPGnow.com. Just do a search for "WyldFurr" to find all my goodies.

You might want to wait a few days as I am thinking of bundling all of my generations one tokens into a single bundle at a slightly cheaper overall price than if you buy the packs separately.

But when I do this, boils down to me figuring out how to do it with RPGnow's seller tools, and having the free time to do it.
heruca wrote:
markuwp wrote:Where can we access your work?
Normally here, but I think his site was hacked recently and should be back shortly. In the meantime, try a search for "wyldfurr" on rpgnow.com.
Heruca is very correct, my site got hacked and I lost the lot when the server admins toasted the virus and trojan that was left behind by the hackers. Luckly the virus and trojan didn't infect any of the downloadable files that were on my site - so anyone who downloaded any of the files, don't worry, you should be in the clear.

I plan to get the site up and running again soon, but I'm currently out of action with the flu, and I've just been on two interstate trips. So it might take a little bit.

I plan to release the Critterz token and map pack in the next few days as soon as I get some free time to write a nice promo page for the pack as well as tweek the graphics. But I'll make a post here, plus tweets & facebook posts when it goes live.
Kepli wrote:Wow, that stuff looks really great
Hey Kepli mate! Thanks!
Tailz Silver Paws

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:17 am

The Critterz Pack is now up on RPGnow.com, I also added an elephant and Rhino. Also added a second horse with a different texture to the Horse set. The old Wolf has been sent to hell and now is the Demon Wolf as a new more woodland looking wolf took its place.
Tailz Silver Paws

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:43 am

Nice additions.

Here's a direct link to the product. :wink: