Advance turn button always available to GMs

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
markuwp
General

Advance turn button always available to GMs

Post by markuwp » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:25 am

I have another small suggestion for improvement (and I think this one is actually small!). When your character is up there is a button at the bottom of the screen that allows you to advance the turn in the turn sequencer when your turn ends. Could you make that button always available to GMs (either always or as a session specific setting?) As a GM I can still go into the turn sequencer and advance things there, but it would be a lot easier if I could do it directly from the main screen for PCs as well as NPCs.

Ideally players would always pay attention and do it themselves, but in my experience that is NOT always the case :-). Also, sometimes it is handy to advance through several people at once without opening the Turn Sequencer of if someone steps away or misses part of a session you can run them for a while without going in to change the ownder and then remembering to change it back.

Thank you for considering this request!

heruca
Developer

Re: Advance turn button always available to GMs

Post by heruca » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:52 pm

User Manual, pg. 111 wrote: "You can also end your turn with a hotkey. Pressing [SHIFT-RETURN] while the
"End My Turn" or "Step the Sequence" button is showing will end your turn, as
long as the Chat window does not currently have focus."

Does the SHIFT-RETURN hotkey not work all the time for the GM?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

markuwp
General

Re: Advance turn button always available to GMs

Post by markuwp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:22 am

I think you just solved my problem! I actually read the manual cover-to-cover after the latest revision, but I missed or forgot that hotkey. I'll test it tonight, but unless you hear otherwise please consider this resolved.

Thank you!

Mark
heruca wrote:
User Manual, pg. 111 wrote: "You can also end your turn with a hotkey. Pressing [SHIFT-RETURN] while the
"End My Turn" or "Step the Sequence" button is showing will end your turn, as
long as the Chat window does not currently have focus."

Does the SHIFT-RETURN hotkey not work all the time for the GM?