Poll: Take BRPG v1.6i out of beta and make it official?

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE

Is BRPG v1.6i ready to be the next Official Release?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Yes, no show-stopping bugs present
17%
No (please explain why not below)
50%
Not sure, haven't used it enough to say
33%

Total votes: 6

heruca
Developer

Poll: Take BRPG v1.6i out of beta and make it official?

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm

This poll will only run for 5 days.
Last edited by heruca on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

fb66
General

Post by fb66 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:38 pm

give it a little more time, let me explain why.

During our game we came across a couple of potentially big issues that i intend to do some more testing on to eliminate the possibility of user error rather than bugs. (both issues occured with our least pc litterate player so i am going to test with my most pc litterate player to see if we can recreate them)

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:55 pm

I'm going to suggest waiting as well. It's only been 2 weeks, and if you really want to make this the official release then it's going to take a bit more time to make sure the bugs are gone.

In particular, my encounters of late are rather large and take a long time to finish--several weeks. This means I don't really run through all the things I normally do in BRPG until that time period has passed.

I think I'd be comfortable with making it the official release if I can get through this week without any major problems. Last Friday was a major headache (lost 2 of 3 hours of play), but it seems to have been because of errors introduced into the encounter files in previous 1.6x releases, not 1.6i.

rrvistas
General

Post by rrvistas » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:58 am

In our play yesterday using I crashed 2 times, and both times the GM has to restart his client since I continuously got the message telling me that my license code is already in use.

One crash was when I clicked a view button, one was Script error.

Also it seems that the text color function for the figures is still broken (at least in windows environment)

pyroknight
Captain

Post by pyroknight » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:19 pm

I also would like more time with this version. I've just started using it recently.

Although honestly i wouldn't care if you just went ahead and made it official. version 1.4i was terrible compared to this. I could never imagine going back.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:37 pm

pyroknight wrote:Version 1.4i was terrible compared to this. I could never imagine going back.
That's pretty much my line of thinking. The lack of feedback for a number of weeks after v1.4i was released made me assume it was relatively bug-free, but that proved not to be the case. Hence my desire to replace it with something better ASAP. But I didn't want to make the same mistake twice (hence this poll).

I'll wait and see if v1.6i gets more feedback in the next week or two before making a final decision. I've personally had no issues with v1.6i, but I don't have the opportunity to test with a lot of clients connected at once. It's the GMs out there that will have to make this call. I just don't want to put it off for TOO long, because I want BRPG to remain competitive in the VT market, and v1.6.i is far, far ahead of v1.4i in terms of features, and appears to be far less glitchy, as well.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Hamish
Soldier

Post by Hamish » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:46 pm

I do have to say its much nicer than 1.4.

But we're seeing occasional map errors (some of the maps don't transmit completly, with black areas in the interior sections) (Corrected by using smaller map sized 500 k or less) and the occasional script errors

Main problem is that we're so new to this and its quite likely that its something we've accidently set up / caused. but I've not heard of any major problems with the group (except with Skype of all things... using that caused lots of script errors so we've moved to a different VoIP)

Take care

Hamish

Doval
Sergeant

Post by Doval » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:39 pm

OK, I've been off the board for a while now and have not followed a lot of the threads. My group just finished a story arc using version 1.6c. What would you all recommend to us as a version to upgrade to? We are all pretty computer literate, but don't like to deal with glitches.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Easy. Update to v1.6m. I've not seen any bug reports for it with show-stopping consequences.

I will try to post a "Full Install" version of it later today or tomorrow, to make it easier for people to update.

Updating after completing a story arc (campaign?) may be easiest, since you're probably not too concerned about retaining your imported media (assuming the User Cast file has changed since your previous BRPG version).

Doval
Sergeant

Post by Doval » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:18 pm

That is why we stayed with 1.6c for as long as we did. I don't want to upgrade in the middle of things happening. Right now everyone is back at the local tavern telling stories and licking their wounds. Soon the group will be heading back out into the wild to another adventure.

I'll wait a few days and grab the full install of 1.6m.

Thanks

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:16 am

The Full Install of v1.6m is available now.