V1.6 lobby feature requests

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
fb66
General

V1.6 lobby feature requests

Post by fb66 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Heruca

i have just down loaded and installed 1.6 and the new lobby was an inspired idea lol. there is one big feature id like to see added and that is some way to send a private message to a chatter in the lobby. This is so a GM could send them the IP adress of the GM client with out handing it to anyone not invited to the game.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:05 pm

This will become more critical once we pass the point when there is more than a single user logged into the Lobby at one time. :lol:

And the need for private messaging will lessen once I add game-specific rooms. I guess game rooms should have optional passwords required to enter them, to keep unwanted strangers out.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

fb66
General

Post by fb66 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:41 pm

i am trying to organise a test of version 1.6 with my dragons arms scenario. are you up for that heruca?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Depends on when it takes place. I'm leaving on a trip on March 11, for about 5 days.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

fb66
General

Post by fb66 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:06 pm

well im off for the next four days and i would like to do a basic conectivity test and map handling test before a game night anyway. I also would like to test the lobby. i have prepped a load of stuff for the game to send to players etc but i would like to make sure i have averything correct too(As i messed up my last attempt badly---dont ask its embarassing) lol so if you want to do some basic testing very soon id appreciate it lol then as soon as i have more players ill announce a date and see if you can play.

heruca
Developer

Re: V1.6 lobby feature requests

Post by heruca » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:52 pm

fb66 wrote:there is one big feature id like to see added and that is some way to send a private message to a chatter in the lobby. This is so a GM could send them the IP adress of the GM client with out handing it to anyone not invited to the game.
This will be available in v1.6a.