New Skins

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
cyderak
Captain

New Skins

Post by cyderak » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:39 pm

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone ever created different skins for the BATTLEGROUNDS interface. If not maybe the old one could use a facelift. Maybe placing icons next to the options in the interface to spice it up a little. Make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Give the option to GM's and Players to set different textures in the background of the BATTLEGROUNDS interface panel for more customization.

Just a thought.

the more I play around with BG, the more I FREAKIN LOVE IT.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Setting a different desktop theme will change the look of the interface in BRPG the next time it is launched. Have you tried that? I once got a pretty neat "wood panel" look by messing around with a theme-changing utility.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:19 am

I could change the desktop theme but then all my windows look like that.

I'm thinking more like an old worn spellbook binding........or old castle brick and morter along with Icons next to every option in the interface. You know....dress it up a little.

for example:

For the "Roll Dice" option put a 3D d20 icon or somthing.

For the "Map Settings" option put a cool worn map icon with "Map Settings" centered in the middle of it as the button used to trigger that particular option.

For the "Draw Tools" a pencil icon.

Each one of the option buttons could have the small description underneath it of what it does. Or when you mouse over the button icon it could tell you what it is.

Possibilities are endless.

Sorry if i'm being to pushy but I really like the software and i'd like to see it thrive and improve more and more.

Later.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: New Skins

Post by Omnidon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:28 am

cyderak wrote:the [interface] could use a facelift. [...] Make it more aesthetically pleasing.
Yeah I too feel the interface for BRPG is rather drab. Fortunately, most of the interface is generally hidden. :P

I have suggested before that heruca add some sort of template feature, possibly even allowing the existing panels to be replaced by custom Flash-based components. I highly doubt anything like that will make it into v1.x though, given that heruca has been trying to finish up and start working on v2.0
cyderak wrote:Sorry if i'm being to pushy
Eh, you're not pushy. :P
(At least, not compared to me :D 8))