facing on square grid

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
markuwp
General

facing on square grid

Post by markuwp » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:55 pm

One small improvement that would be helpful for us would be to allow a diagonal facing line on a square grid. The figures already allow for fine rotation, but the facing line is always either up, down, left, or right. It would be helpful if the facing could be a corner (half of one line and half of the other would be ideal, but could even be two adjacent facing lines both on).

This isn't a big deal, but if it isn't hard to implement I think it would be a helpful feature.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:20 pm

It's fairly major, in that I'd need to create such bases for all base sizes and in all colors. The additional base graphics would probably add another MB or two to BRPG's already hefty download size.

Out of curiosity, what game/s require diagonal facing on a square grid? I'm not familiar with any.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

markuwp
General

diagonal facing

Post by markuwp » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:52 pm

heruca wrote:It's fairly major, in that I'd need to create such bases for all base sizes and in all colors. The additional base graphics would probably add another MB or two to BRPG's already hefty download size.

Out of curiosity, what game/s require diagonal facing on a square grid? I'm not familiar with any.
D&D 2nd edition uses diagonal facings on a square grid (facing is discussed in the book Combat & Tactics). I haven't played the later editions, so don't know if they also have diagonal facing or not. We play a heavily modified version of 2.5 (our campaign setting and house rules document is now up to 82 pages).

Thanks for the response and explanation. We can just rotate the figures to remind us that they are on the diagonal.