Chat Window - Feedback

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
Briggzee
Soldier

Chat Window - Feedback

Post by Briggzee » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:16 am

I had a frustrating time with my first real use of the Chat Window and would like to offer these suggestions that I feel would improve the functionality of the chat window.

* Home and End keys do not appear to work. They create a space in the text instead.
My typing is not always accurate so, I'll go back and fix something and then want to go the end of the text to continue typing.
Without the End key working I have to use the arrow keys.

* As the GM I'm typing or pasting long pieces of text. In the Chat field, I am unable to view text that is longer than the actual Chat Window.
Meaning that if I want to see what I'm typing I have to resize the width of the window.

[EDIT 2009-09-08]
Removed my negative intro to the post.

Removed some points here that are more suited to the Support section as they are potentially technical issues and not really feedback/suggestions as such.

heruca
Developer

Re: Chat Window - Feedback

Post by heruca » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:00 pm

Briggzee wrote:* Home and End keys do not appear to work. They create a space in the text instead.
Use the up and down arrows instead to go to the beginning or the end of your text.
Briggzee wrote:As the GM I'm typing or pasting long pieces of text. In the Chat field, I am unable to view text that is longer than the actual Chat Window.
Meaning that if I want to see what I'm typing I have to resize the width of the window.
In v1.4k, you can now have more than one line of text in the chat input field. The chat input field is still only one line high, but you can use the up and down arrow keys to read the rest of your text.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.