Unit Manager - Scroll Bar

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
Briggzee
Soldier

Unit Manager - Scroll Bar

Post by Briggzee » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi,

Just some feedback about the Unit Manager.

I think it would be nice to see a Scroll bar in the Unit Manager.
After adding many many Objects to a map, it can become a bit tedious having to move through the list using the Up/Down arrows.
Attachments
Unit-Manager.png
Unit-Manager.png (8.32 KiB) Viewed 2208 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:38 am

Did you know that you can scroll to the very top or bottom of the unit list by holding down the Shift key while pressing the Up or Down scroll buttons?

I agree, it would be nice to have a traditional scroll bar. I had planned on completely re-doing the Unit Manager (in much the same way as I completely re-did the Turn Sequencer), but this is no longer likely to happen in BRPG v1.x.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Briggzee
Soldier

Post by Briggzee » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:07 am

No, I was not aware I could use the Shift in combination with Up/Down buttons. Keyboard shortcuts are always good to know :)
I'll keep that in mind.

Also, thanks for letting me know about the situation with the Unit Manager.
I shall look forward to BRPG 2.x

The reason I find myself going to the Unit manager frequently is usually to unlock tiles/objects that I want to move/copy/edit.

Another suggestion I would like to offer is maybe the implemetation of layers. Have maybe multple layers like;

Tiles
Objects
Tokens
Canopy

And a way to switch between them easily, and you could only select/edit items in the layer you had selected. This would make creating maps/encounters easier.