Can Players Draw on the map?

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
severin
Captain

Can Players Draw on the map?

Post by severin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:59 am

Can players draw on the map? Our group tried that and were not able to do so? Are we missing something?

That would be a pretty handy feature. "I want to cast my wall of flame spell starting here and ending up there."

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:15 pm

The Draw Tools are currently only available to the GM. I could probably make them available to players, if enough users think that would be a worthwhile change. I'd probably make it a GM Preference Setting, in case there's a player disrupting the session with his doodles.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

severin
Captain

Post by severin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:28 pm

We talked about the possibility of player abuse. That sounds like a reasonable precaution.

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:29 pm

I think it's not a bad idea.

In fact, on a partially related idea, it might be good to have posts in the suggestion forums include automatic polls with one question:

Is this a good idea?

That way users can vote up what they like, and you can implement suggestions based on popularity. Some ideas are good (like this one), and some ideas, like giving players the ability to choose their own figures, are unnecessary.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

BeZurKur
Sergeant

Post by BeZurKur » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:44 pm

These are both excellent ideas: allowing players to draw and including a poll with every new thread in this sub-forum. However, the poll should be phrased something along the lines of, "Should this be a priority?" Then the option for a suggestion still making it into a future version still exists.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:00 pm

While I love the idea of polls, if you look at the dozens of polls already posted in these forums, you'll find that very few people bother to vote in them.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.