General Feedback and a token suggestion

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
RavenousPuma
Cannon Fodder

General Feedback and a token suggestion

Post by RavenousPuma » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi,

So I've now run the first session (4E D&D) for both my groups. Battlegrounds works perfectly for what we need and now that I'm using the load from website for maps we're not having any more issues with maps partially loading or not loading at all.

The close burst feature has been used to death as pretty much every power my 4E clerics have seem to be Close Burst. So thanks for adding that in.

On to my suggestion or request. :wink:

The other day I was reading in the forums about Aliens the Boardgame (fantastic game) being run through Battlegrounds and I started thinking of all the boardgames I own. The only issue I see with porting them over is they often rely on two sided tokens. Yes when the token is unknown to both or all the players they could be recreated with random charts. The issue is when the second side of the token should be known by only one player until revealed.

For example I recreated some of my first edition Space Hulk missions as Battlegrounds maps. In Space Hulk the Genestealers (aliens) appear on the board as a simple 'Blip' token until they come into sight of the human player. A Blip can represent anywhere from 0 to 6 'Stealers and are drawn randomly, The Genestealer player then moves them around the board (knowing how many 'Stealers the Blip actually represents). While I trust the people I play with to not cheat and use the proper number of 'Stealers it still would be a nice feature to have the number of Stealers appear on the individual Blip when the Blip is revealed. Though I've just realized that this might be possible with some form of multiple poses for a Blip token? Unfortunately I'm not familiar with multi-poses and will have to search the forum a bit. Though I guess if this does work it would be dependent on the Client License being able to modify the pose of tokens they control.

Anyways, love Battlegrounds and looking forward to the Wargames Edition!

RP

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:57 pm

You could easily handle Blip tokens turning into 0-6 Genestealers, and players can already change the "pose" of units they control.

I will try to post a short video showing how this would work.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Here's the video explaining how this works.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:40 pm

The new version of Space Hulk looks pretty sweet. But pricey! Let me know if you end up getting it and doing a conversion for BRPG. I'd love to play it.