Make BRPG v1.4i the new official release?

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
heruca
Developer

Make BRPG v1.4i the new official release?

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:33 pm

I would like to make BRPG v1.4i the new official release, replacing the now-obsolete and less-than-perfect-to-begin-with v1.3e. If anyone knows of any serious issues with v1.4i, let me know in this thread.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:05 pm

Afraid I haven't had the chance to test it much, though I haven't seen any showshopping bugs posted. Certainly looking a lot more stable than 1.3e

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:32 am

Well, I have already reported all the issues that I have come across so far. I did not discover any new issues last night during play.

I did rediscover the issue All fields turning to N/A in Turn Sequencer, so that one should be resurrected from the "fixed" forum. It doesn't seem to happen as much as it used to, but it still happened last night.

By and large though, there are no huge issues, and it doesn't appear to have any game-crashing issues, so I'd say your suggestion is reasonable.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:03 am

I just finished a session, with nothing really noteworthy going wrong.

Only ones but already been posted:
Switch token to the secondary token script error for players
--Force full update reveals the new token

And had a couple times when zooming the map, or dragging it that the figures didn't stay properly aligned
--Mousing over the figure, or sometimes just clicking on the map, would put them back in their correct places.

Otherwise largest problem was me trying to figure out server based maps... Which once I got it figured out, worked very well. I think I might be done with media bundles, and use server based instead. :D

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:52 am

The GM unable to edit the "only GM can see" values could also be a large problem. It doesn't happen with turn sequencers that had been created earlier, but I was able to get it to manifest in 1.4i.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:25 pm

The "Only GM can see" feature should be considered a WIP,; one that for now is not fully functional or supported. It was never promised as part of the product. As such, I don't consider it significant enough to hold up a new official release. It's an easily-avoided bug, too; just don't enable the feature in the Turn Sequencer Setup Wizard.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.