FoW Layer over Grid Layer

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
nightwalker450
General

FoW Layer over Grid Layer

Post by nightwalker450 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:58 pm

I had looked at your FoW using an image for FoW, and I really liked it. But since the grid is below the FoW, you can only see the grid directly around your character or other characters with reveal.

At least thats assuming I did it correctly. Create the FoW image using the same base map image except with your covered areas. Since jpg's don't allow transparency (at least from gimp), I figured I was doing it correctly.

Putting the grid over this layer would also loose the 3d effect of the trees though (they are above the grid, while the ground is below the grid).

So would using .png's work for FoW (i haven't checked if they can be used)?

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:22 pm

Yes, the FoW Overlay supports .png
They used to use the Maps folder.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:08 pm

I'll have to try this some time then. Unfortunately the map I was working with I only saved as jpg's, not the gimp format. So my layers are gone :cry:.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:18 pm

To be honest, I haven't tested the FoW Overlay feature with a semi-transparent PNG. Let me know if it works as expected. :)

Of course, you could easily add a grid (using a graphic-editing program) to the image you're using as a FoW Overlay. Look in BRPG's "Grids" folder for a source image to use.

You could also play completely gridless, and just use the "Measure Range" feature for any missile weapons range-counting that's needed.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.