Turn Sequencer

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
markuwp
General

Re: Disappointed... wait, no I'm not! I'm excited!

Post by markuwp » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:41 am

heruca wrote: It's easy enough to make a default "Initiative" dice macro and attach it to any unit that needs it.
One more request/question-- would it be possible to add the "Attach Die Macro" command to the menu for multiple units? It would be very nice to be able to select all of the units you want to add an initiative macro to and to attach the macro to all of them at once. This would also be handy if initiative changes for a lot of units at once-- if a bunch of units were hit by a slow spell you could select them all and edit all of their initiative macros at once instead of one at a time.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:58 pm

Sure thing. I've just implemented it for v1.4k.

This will be handy for lots of situations, not just initiative macros. For example, you could have a generic "Save vs. <Whatever>" global dice macro, which you can attach to multiple units at once and then customize each one to reflect racial bonuses, Constitution bonuses, magical defenses, etc.

Oh, btw, I also got rid of the annoying modal alert that appears when you currently attach a dice macro to a single unit. You still get a confirmation message, but it's less obtrusive and non-modal.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

jforest1
Cannon Fodder

Post by jforest1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Intriguing...I'll look into this feature when the new version comes out, hopefully soon and bug-free! ;)

--josh

markuwp
General

Can't wait!

Post by markuwp » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:49 am

That is fantastic-- I'm glad you were either already thinking along the same lines or were able to implement it lightning-fast.

I can't even tell you how excited I am for v1.4k. I guess the most helpful thing I can do now is to stop posting things in the forum for a while so you can focus on coding, but I still wanted to say thanks again. Your responsiveness and the pace of development with BRPG is really amazing.

Mark
heruca wrote:Sure thing. I've just implemented it for v1.4k.

This will be handy for lots of situations, not just initiative macros. For example, you could have a generic "Save vs. <Whatever>" global dice macro, which you can attach to multiple units at once and then customize each one to reflect racial bonuses, Constitution bonuses, magical defenses, etc.

Oh, btw, I also got rid of the annoying modal alert that appears when you currently attach a dice macro to a single unit. You still get a confirmation message, but it's less obtrusive and non-modal.

EberronKnight
Cannon Fodder

Post by EberronKnight » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:40 pm

heruca wrote:Sure thing. I've just implemented it for v1.4k.

Awesome and thank you Heruca! The other uses for generic global dice macros being attached rocks too! I can't wait for 1.4K!

EK

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:16 pm

In v1.4k, when the GM autorolls initiative for everyone, the players will hear the dice being rolled. If, after you all have had a chance to play around with this feature, you decide that you want init rolls to be silent, I'll make that change.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:59 pm

I finally used the Turn Sequencer in a tabletop game (me on a laptop, with a extra screen for the players). Added enemies to the Sequencer with pre-rolled initiatives (not needed with version "k" :) ) and put them on the sideboard until the players came near them. Worked like a charm and the combat was much quicker than before 8) :D