RSS feed or other notifications

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
canadrian
Soldier

RSS feed or other notifications

Post by canadrian » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:42 am

I was hoping you could set up an RSS feed, iCalendar, or email list to let us know there is a new version of BRPG without having to manually check the website periodically. I'm not sure what you're using for the main website's news section (looks like straight HTML?), but there should be an add-on module for phpbb with which you could fairly easily output feeds of the various fora (i.e. the entire New container, or at least the Product Releases forum).

Any chance of getting this set up?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:02 am

Omnidon can probably answer this better than I can.

I know I can send out a mass email to all registered forum users, but I rarely use that feature. Just a few times a year.

If one was able to subscribe to the Product Releases subforum and be notified of any new threads there, that might be useful.

You can also use the "Check for Updates" command in Battlegrounds, once in a while. Perhaps I should add a Preference setting to have BRPG automatically notify a user when a new version is available.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:13 pm

I could set up something like a newsletter or RSS feed if you want.
heruca wrote:If one was able to subscribe to the Product Releases subforum and be notified of any new threads there, that might be useful.
This forum does have a notification feature for threads. If you posted announcements of new releases in a single locked topic, then the interested people could just hit "Watch this topic for replies". The link is on the upper right.

canadrian
Soldier

Post by canadrian » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:09 pm

RSS feed would be ideal, but if one can subscribe to email notifications of the product releases forum, that will do in a pinch. Many thanks go out - you guys are always very prompt in responding on these forums, and it's much appreciated.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:39 pm

An RSS feed feature has been added to the forum.
viewtopic.php?t=2188

canadrian
Soldier

Post by canadrian » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 pm

Sweet! Thanks so much!