BRPG V1.9: .x32 files in Xtras folder don't load

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
PellePlutt
Soldier

BRPG V1.9: .x32 files in Xtras folder don't load

Post by PellePlutt » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:48 am

All the .x32 files from in the Xtras folder don't load when I start the BRPG v1.9 application. The error message is "xxx.x32 is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error".
After clicking away all 32 or so error messages, the application starts up. I have placed a few figures and objects but haven't tested it further.

I'm running Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro 2013 under Bootcamp. I think it's 64 bit Windows.

heruca
Developer

Re: BRPG V1.9: .x32 files in Extras folder don't load

Post by heruca » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:47 pm

Welcome, PellePlutt.

Is your hard drive formatted such that filenames are case-sensitive?

Are you launching BRPG in 32-bit compatability mode?

Do older versions of BRPG run OK on your computer? That would be odd, because the Xtras are all the same (except for the addition of the DropFile Xtra).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

PellePlutt
Soldier

Post by PellePlutt » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:57 am

Thanks, Heruca!

I'm a Mac user by heart but in order to use BRPG and some other Windows only applications I have now purchased Windows 10, partitioned and formatted the hard disk on my MacBookPro (using BootCamp) to NTFS, and installed Windows 10 (64-bit version). Windows runs natively on my MacBookPro and without any problems. However, as a disclaimer, I don't know much about Windows...

Anyhow, here is what I have found out:
* No, my hard disk is not formatted as case-sensitive.
* No, I'm not launching BRPG in 32-bit compatibility mode. At least I don't think I am. I just double-clicked on the icon and BRPG started up with the problem I described above.
I then right-clicked on the app and saw that I could try a different compatibility modes. None of the one I tried changed the start up behaviour of BRPG. I tried Windows 8 and Windows NT (SP3) modes. Windows NT gave some strange colour behaviour of drop-down menus that has been described elsewhere on this forum.
* Yes, an older version of BPRG (v1.8.) runs perfectly normal without start up problems. (I have other problems, such as script errors and installing free artpacks, etc, but that is for another thread.).
* So, yes, I am experiencing an odd behaviour.

I will perform a fresh download of BRPG and see if that helps. I'll keep you posted.

PellePlutt
Soldier

Post by PellePlutt » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:20 am

Problem solved!

New download worked. Must have been a corrupted download... still weird...

Thanks for your help. Now it's time to load all the new Kickstarter artpacks!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:55 am

Glad that's sorted out. Was a weird issue.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.