Objects with large whitespaces seem to develop transparency

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Kazander
General

Objects with large whitespaces seem to develop transparency

Post by Kazander » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:44 pm

Not sure why this happens.

I'm trying to import a series of large objects to use as a map for an encounter.

These are jpg files, which don't support transparency. But sometimes when I bring one of them into BRPG, it's transparent except for the lines on it. All the whitespace is transparent.

I had the same, but more frequent, problem when these same files where png format. I thought I'd done something wrong, so I went and re-saved them all as jpg files.

I've double checked my user cast to make sure there wasn't something in there I had to purge first (i.e. previous import when it was a png file).

Sample file attached. Not much to this one; it's 3887x4000, with just a few lines. Basically I have a large map that I had to break down into a series of 4000x4000 objects to import into BRPG, and stitch them back together.
Attachments
Village_1_4.zip
(13.55 KiB) Downloaded 230 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:32 am

Confirmed. I'll look into what is causing this.

For now, I can suggest two possible workarounds.

1) Edit your graphics so that your whites aren't really true white. For example, setting the white level to 254 in Photoshop instead of 255 will fix this.

2) Place your graphics as objects, then enable antialiasing on the objects before you make them into Tiles.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.