Stagger value manip per cursor does not work

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
rrvistas
General

Stagger value manip per cursor does not work

Post by rrvistas » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:06 am

Either I'm too stupid or the feature to modify the stagger values by pressing ALT plus cursor keys does not work.

Thats what I'm doing:
* select the objects via the marquee
* then use the stagger command
* while keeping the selction press the ALT plus different cursor keys

Nothing happens. no new stagger, nothing.

am I missing something?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:36 am

Uh-oh, it could be that the hotkey combo I chose for this command only works on Macs, and not on Windows.

Does anything happen if you ensure that nothing is selected, then you press [Alt + any arrow key], or [Shift+Alt+any arrow key]?

If this is indeed broken on Windows, you should still be able to use the Chat window to change the stagger offset, as indicated in the ReadMe.
GMs can also assign a specific stagger offset by issuing a command in the Chat window. For example, typing "stagger=61,0" (sans quotes) in the chat window and the hitting RETURN will set the horizontal stagger amount to 61 pixels (1 cell) and the vertical stagger amount to 0 (none).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

rrvistas
General

Post by rrvistas » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:47 am

heruca wrote:Does anything happen if you ensure that nothing is selected, then you press [Alt + any arrow key], or [Shift+Alt+any arrow key]?
nope, nothing happens.
heruca wrote:If this is indeed broken on Windows, you should still be able to use the Chat window to change the stagger offset, as indicated in the ReadMe.
yea, i used that but its not that user-friendly ... :)

maybe we can set the default values in the preferences at some time in the future. ;)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:53 am

heruca wrote:Uh-oh, it could be that the hotkey combo I chose for this command only works on Macs, and not on Windows.
Yup, that's exactly what happened. It's a Director bug, not a BRPG-specific bug.

This is fixed for v1.6L, but I've had to change the hotkey (on both Mac and Windows, for consistency) for setting the stagger offset. It is now [CAPSLOCK + Arrow Key] to change the offset by 1 pixel, and [CAPSLOCK + Shift + Arrow Key] to change the offset by 10 pixels.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

rrvistas
General

Post by rrvistas » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:12 am

heruca wrote:
heruca wrote:Uh-oh, it could be that the hotkey combo I chose for this command only works on Macs, and not on Windows.
Yup, that's exactly what happened. It's a Director bug, not a BRPG-specific bug.
I see. Well, then lets see what else 1.6L brings... :)