Free Floating Objects

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Kazander
General

Free Floating Objects

Post by Kazander » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:21 pm

Is there a reason that FFO's resize themselves compared to non-free-floating? (i.e. toggle FF status and the object's size changes). If there's no reason, it's a bug. Not a huge one, but one nonetheless.

Also, another cosmetic issue is that the number/directional overlay on an FFO appears displaced (by like 20 hexes) while you are dragging it with the mouse. Purely a cosmetic issue, AFAICT.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:51 pm

FFOs only appear to change in size. In fact, they are simply discarding their scaling setting from the Unit Settings panel, since FFOs are unaffected by zoom level.

I think you won't notice a size change at all if you are at 200% zoom when you set an object to be an FFO (assuming it was initially at 100% scale).

The true bug here would be that FFOs should not display the Movement Guide at all when selected, nor should they respond to number-based movement commands.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:19 pm

heruca wrote:FFOs only appear to change in size. In fact, they are simply discarding their scaling setting from the Unit Settings panel, since FFOs are unaffected by zoom level.
Well, that makes perfect sense now that you put it that way....
heruca wrote:The true bug here would be that FFOs should not display the Movement Guide at all when selected, nor should they respond to number-based movement commands.
Well, at least I wasn't 100% wrong today....quite. :roll: They certainly don't respond to number-based movement commands, which is what I expected. It just was a bit jarring having the Movement Guide appear way up there instead of around the object where I'm used to seeing it.