Copy/Pasted units don't retain Hidden status

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Kazander
General

Copy/Pasted units don't retain Hidden status

Post by Kazander » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Title pretty much says it all. Hidden units become Visible if you copy and paste them.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:39 am

If this is happening while hosting, it's a bug.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:54 am

Hmmm. Interesting. Actually, it only happens when the GM is not hosting. When hosting, the Hidden status is retained. I was just setting up an encounter prior to gaming last night when I encountered this behavior.

I would consider it a bug, either way; why would the behavior be different when hosting vs not?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Kazander wrote:I would consider it a bug, either way; why would the behavior be different when hosting vs not?
Because when you're not hosting, no one is watching, so you're free to more accurately position pasted units before hiding them. Some graphics are tough to place properly when hidden, especially graphics that are already semi-transparent.

If you want, I can change the default behavior so that when pasting a unit, it will retain its hidden or shown status, regardless of whether you are hosting a game or not.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:38 pm

heruca wrote:If you want, I can change the default behavior so that when pasting a unit, it will retain its hidden or shown status, regardless of whether you are hosting a game or not.
I would prefer it that way, personally, but perhaps if a few more people posted their opinions it would add support one way or the other. Maybe post a poll if no one seems to be responding to this thread?

fb66
General

Post by fb66 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:47 pm

personally i dont mind either way lol

Dormouse
General

Post by Dormouse » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:54 pm

I prefer current behaviour as default; maybe there should be an option to have it either way.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:42 pm

In the third Preferences screen, there's already an option called "Auto-hide new units". Perhaps I could just use that same setting to control the copy/paste behavior, too (by considering pasted units to be new units).

rrvistas
General

Post by rrvistas » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:35 am

heruca wrote:In the third Preferences screen, there's already an option called "Auto-hide new units". Perhaps I could just use that same setting to control the copy/paste behavior, too (by considering pasted units to be new units).
That sounds like a good idea.