Licence related timeout problem

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
ThinIzzy
Soldier

Licence related timeout problem

Post by ThinIzzy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Had an odd problem during our playtest using 1.4i regarding licences. The GM client in question has two floating licences; that night I purchased my own licence (so, three players - three licences, plus the GM). One of the two players relying on a floating licence would regularly get the 45 minute demo version 'timeout'. It's if I were somehow double-dipping in the licencing pool, so to speak.

Again: using Window Vista Premium (my PC), GM and other two players using XP to the best of my knowledge.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Is the player with the timeout problem using a unique username to log into the game? Is he seeing the "Demo Mode" label even while connected to the GM's game? Does logging off and back on resolve the problem? Is this happening on a regular basis or was it the first time it occurred?

If it was just a random fluke, having the GM quit BRPG and re-host the game session should fix this problem.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.