Attention Mac users!

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Attention Mac users!

Post by Omnidon » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:10 pm

heruca wrote:The app freezes anytime you try to access a pulldown menu (combo-box?), such as the one on the License panel (which accesses no media). Not sure if there is anything I can do to address this issue.
Sounds like an issue with director's internal Flash player, which isn't too surprising.
Or it might be a Theme issue if you stopped using flash-based menu elements. Is there a way to set the windows Theme when launching it in that wrapper?

Earl Halfhand
Cannon Fodder

Post by Earl Halfhand » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:36 pm

Just a quick follow up question; has there been any movement of the needle on this issue?
Thanks,
mickey

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:17 pm

I haven't had time to pursue it further, although I did install the necessary software on another computer for further exploration when I am able. My day-to-day laptop wasn't really up to the task, as I was having to boot from an external hard drive containing a more-modern version of OS X.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Earl Halfhand
Cannon Fodder

Post by Earl Halfhand » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:20 pm

Thanks for the rapid feedback. I understand as the only Windows machine in the house is an ancient acer netbook. Although I have the latest beta installed, the pitiable machine continues to choke on it. Here's hoping you manage to corral the needed resources to press forward soon! :D

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:35 am

If you are still using flash-based menu elements and need a new dropdownbox element to experiment with, I can provide one.

noypi53
Cannon Fodder

Post by noypi53 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:00 am

Hi! Has anyone been able to run BGE Windows in Wine for Mac OS X? I tried during a vanilla install of it in Wine & got an error message that there was a problem with X11 (I think) or something like that. Then, it just closed.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:12 am

I can't even get Wine itself to launch on my system. :(
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

noypi53
Cannon Fodder

Post by noypi53 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:59 am

Hi heruca! I use Wineskin which can be found on this website: http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php

I'm giving the Windows demo a go in my Parallels installation in my iMac. Would prefer to use Wine so that I can transfer it to my MacBook Air when I'm travelling.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:08 pm

Yesterday I discovered that neither BGE nor BRPG will run on a Mac that meets the listed system requirements if the app is installed on a NTFS-formatted hard drive. No idea why, but I suspect it's a permissions-related issue.