Attaching a token to an existing token (1.4e)

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Farland
High Commander

Attaching a token to an existing token (1.4e)

Post by Farland » Sat May 16, 2009 12:08 am

Anything relating to attaching a token to an existing token produces massive script errors.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat May 16, 2009 12:21 am

I don't currently have v1.4e installed, but I just tried in v1.4f and it works fine. I'll try to test this tomorrow in v1.4e.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

kato42
General

Post by kato42 » Fri May 29, 2009 6:38 pm

I tried to attach a second image to an existing token in 1.4f, and it simply wouldn't let me. Actually it was acting like there was a window open to do it in, but I could see no such window. When I minimized everything and came back to it a window showed up. But this window was a Unit Settings window and had no 'Done' or 'OK' button so I couldn't actually close it!

I'm trying it again on the machine I'm currently at which only has a demo 1.4e version on it. Seeing the same results. Managed to get out of the window with the [ESC] key. This time I tried a second time to add the token and the image selection window actually popped up this time. After picking a second image the Token Settings window came up.

The windows had the settings set to 100% and 0 Rotation, except they weren't, the image was at the same settings as the previous image. As soon as I touched the sliders the image actually switched to what it said they were. Was able to hit okay and store properly.

So it works... sort of. :)

Could probably use a little tweaking.

In case it matters, both are XP machines. This one is XP Pro, and my home machine is just regular XP 32 bit.
Running 4 player D&D 4th ed. campaign over the net using BRPG 1.6b.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri May 29, 2009 6:43 pm

Did the artwork you were trying to attach as a second token have a really long filename? (over 27 characters) If so, that could cause it to fail part-way through the process of opening the panel.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

kato42
General

Post by kato42 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Didn't even get to selecting the second artwork. I was trying it the other day with just the basic install, using animals. Alligator was the first token, and then when I did get the second window I selected Tiger. But as I said, I had to fail and [ESC] once before I got it to work.

It was very odd.

I'm going to try it again and see if it happens again.

(edit:)

It did it again, but after I hit [ALT-TAB] a couple times to get out and back in to the program, and then [ESC] to get out of the window, it worked normally. Even closed and re-opened the program and it was working now. Probably take a machine restart to cause it to happen again.

Very weird. It's one of those bugs.
Running 4 player D&D 4th ed. campaign over the net using BRPG 1.6b.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:55 am

I had this happen myself a few times in 1.4f, but it was one of those things that I never remembered afterwards (at least to post). Mostly thought I had clicked the wrong thing. And usually it was just clicking to edit the unit again, so it never got enough notice.

Haven't noticed it happening in 1.4g yet though.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:04 pm

This bug has taken a new turn. Adding tokens while connected works fine.

Changing a token that was set up prior to connection though has a script error for all of the players. If they click on the map or something it will then switch to showing the "?" filler image. It doesn't seem to ever load to the players.

Switching between the added tokens while connected works fine though. Is it having problems getting the image from the GM client with the transfer when dealing with everything?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:11 pm

Try using the "Force Full Update" command. That should get the missing token to the remote clients and get rid of the script errors.

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:24 pm

It works to reveal the token, and stop script errors on that token. But it has to be redone for each token that changes.

So end up getting at least one script error per token with multiple tokens.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:06 am

heruca wrote:Try using the "Force Full Update" command.
You know, I totally missed this new command in 1.4g. The list of bugfixes and new features was so long, I just didn't absorb it all..... Nice new command though.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:26 am

It's meant to be a catch-all fix for those pesky recurring script errors. Probably temporary until all the errors are debugged.