All fields turning to N/A in Turn Sequencer

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Kazander
General

All fields turning to N/A in Turn Sequencer

Post by Kazander » Sun May 03, 2009 2:32 am

I've delayed reporting this bug for a while, because I can't figure out the exact sequence of events that makes it happen.

Well, I've given up trying to figure it out, and I'm reporting it anyway. It's been like this for quite a while; at least 1.3x.

I will typically during the course of an evening of play have this happen once, perhaps twice.

All the Turn Sequencer fields for a given, apparently random, figure will suddenly change to read "N/A"--this is with the GM client, who should never see this, I don't think. It happens when I'm manipulating data in the TS (usually updating a figure's hit points). Anyway, the information is lost and I have to re-enter all the info for the figure. It's very annoying.

Sorry I can't be more helpful on duplicating the bug; hopefully the report spurs someone's memory and they can help with a "me too" report.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue May 05, 2009 8:29 am

I've never had this happen, and a quick check through the code seems to indicate that "N/A" should only ever appear on the TS if you do not have GM status. The only other explanation I can think of, and the more likely one, is that the figure's data is actually being lost when a player edits the figure's values. The lost data is then being sent to everyone else that's connected, including the GM. Perhaps this is why you haven't been able to replicate the bug on your own.

BTW, I appreciate you trying to do the groundwork on figuring out the cause of a bug or how to replicate it, but in the future I'd rather hear about a bug as soon as it's affected you more than once.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue May 05, 2009 8:53 am

I think this bug may only be manifesting if you've set certain values to be hidden from the players.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:59 pm

This appears to be fixed for v1.4g.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:16 am

Kazander, BRPG v1.4i wrote:I did rediscover the issue All fields turning to N/A in Turn Sequencer, so that one should be resurrected from the "fixed" forum. It doesn't seem to happen as much as it used to, but it still happened last night.