1.3e Consult Tables uncloseable and locks the game

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Archmagician
Soldier

1.3e Consult Tables uncloseable and locks the game

Post by Archmagician » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:28 pm

BG Ver: 1.3e

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open up Consult Table
2. Choose Missle table

From this point on I cannot click anywhere on the application except for the menu bar. Any other clicking gets me a beep as if I were in a modal dialog box. The problem is, there is no way to shut down the consult table. No close button and right clicking on it does nothing.

I still can use my mouse wheel to zoom in/out on the map. I can also hit CMD Q to quit BG, which is actually what I have to do to remove the consult window.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:59 pm

Welcome, Archmagician.

Double-click the reference material to dismiss it.

There is supposed to be an alert that tell you this the first time that feature is used (similar to the alert that comes up the first time you use the Visual Aid feature), but it appears I disabled that alert in recent versions. I'm guessing I was in the process of making that a non-modal window with a standard close box and minimize box, but I must have gotten sidetracked and forgot to finish implementing the change.

Thanks for bringing it up. It will be fixed in v1.4a.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Archmagician
Soldier

Post by Archmagician » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Yep double click works! Maybe put that in the title bar or something. So it appears that I can scan in and load my own tables? Holy cow dude! You did a great job on this app!

nortonweb
General

Post by nortonweb » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:57 pm

No matter what bugs are now left in Battle Grounds I concur with that statement.
I was only thinking at the weekend for a one man project this is one solid built for purpose app.
Thanks heruca.
Running 5 player D&D 4E campaign over the net using BRPG 1.4e

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Thanks for the praise, guys. :D

Just the fuel I needed to go squash a few more bugs.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.