Bug Question

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
kato42
General

Bug Question

Post by kato42 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:10 pm

Sometimes the user with his own license tries to connect and it tells him that his license is in use. This had previously been reported as a bug. I'm wondering if this has been fixed in 1.3d?

If it hasn't, for 1.3e might I suggest that if the host has a client license listed as in use and a client tries to connect with the same license again, that the old session be cleared and the new one be used.

For this type of connection I don't think its too likely we'll have two people with the same license trying to access at the same time, so its a safer bet that the old one is a broken connection.
Running 4 player D&D 4th ed. campaign over the net using BRPG 1.6b.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:21 pm

OK, I'll try that approach in v1.3e. Makes sense.

I take it that this only happens on subsequent logins during the same hosting session?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

kato42
General

Post by kato42 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:27 pm

Yes.

Remember this is the old 1.2f version that I'm talking about here, but he occassionally loses connection and has to log in, or if he disconnects to say purge media or manually import Media Assets he has trouble reconnecting. Then everyone has to disconnect and I have to end the host session.
Running 4 player D&D 4th ed. campaign over the net using BRPG 1.6b.