Die roller bug: editing number of dice

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Nom
Sergeant

Die roller bug: editing number of dice

Post by Nom » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:49 pm

In die roller macro, create macro for 1d4 (black) + 2d6 (red) +5 (global mod). Give it a name and save it.

Load the macro and edit it. Select the x1 for 1d4 and change it to 2. Roll the dice. You'd expect to get 2d4 (black) + 2d6 (red) +5. What you get is 2d4 (black).

Applies in 1.3c and in 1.2e-g. OS X 10.4.11.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:12 am

Technically, this isn't a bug. I programmed the popup menus on the dice graphics to always use the selected value on the 2nd die type, if the 1st die type and number of dice has already been chosen. The only way to alter the 1st die type if a 2nd die type has already been added is to use the Reset button and start all over.
Last edited by heruca on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Nom
Sergeant

Post by Nom » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:14 am

Bug or not, it's very confusing. Naively, it appears that changing the number of dice from the drop-down changes the number of dice; certainly, nothing that is shown on the screen suggests that something else will happen.

If you do ever get that value editable, it would be great to be able to edit it to 0 (removing that die). Currently, if I make a mistake - or just make a minor modification to the dice in an existing macro - I need to reset the entire panel (text, modifers, dice, everything) and start again from scratch.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:28 am

I'll try to make improvements in this area the next time I update the dice roller, to make it more flexible and more intuitive.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.