A Question about Face to Face and BGRPG [OLD]

A holding area for obsolete posts that we don't wish to delete altogether.
NiteSkie
Soldier

A Question about Face to Face and BGRPG [OLD]

Post by NiteSkie » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:14 pm

I have an LCD Widescreen TV that i currently have a computer plugged into for surfing the net and such if I ever feel like it.

After seeing this product, I think it would be very cool to use this as a replacement for my current whiteboard battlemat. I'm pretty sure this program is capable of this from what i've read, but I also have a few questions to make sure I understand right.

1. Can the GM client control all players on the board (An example would be my passing around a wireless keyboard to whomever is up in the turn order and having them move thier own character, all from the GM client.)?

2. Does turn order, ect function properly if there are no client nodes logged into the game?

Thanks,
NiteSkie
Last edited by NiteSkie on Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:27 pm

Welcome, NiteSkie.

1. Yes
2. Yes

However, be aware that you won't get the full benefit of the Fog of War features with this type of setup. You'll get a "shared party view" which is a compilation of what all the PCs can see. And as the GM, you may occasionally need to have the players turn away from the TV while you manipulate things onscreen that they shouldn't be privy to, yet.

Please try running the Sneak Preview demo on your TV, and let us know how it looks. I'm very curious. I suspect that if the image you're getting is good enough for websurfing and reading text onscreen, then it should be good enough for making out the details in BRPG's graphics.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:12 am

Welcome aboard NiteSkie

I'd like to know how it looks for you too ...

NiteSkie
Soldier

well

Post by NiteSkie » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:19 pm

Put it up on my LCD TV. At 1024x768 it looked good. I only played around with a few little things though. I'll tell you how it looks when i use some detailed maps and such.

The TV is an Insignia(bestbuy brand) 32" Widescreen LCD. I plug into it via the VGA port on the TV. Very nice LCD TV for the price if anyone is looking.