Multiple Maps, Fog of War & Saving [OLD]

A holding area for obsolete posts that we don't wish to delete altogether.
Halebop

Multiple Maps, Fog of War & Saving [OLD]

Post by Halebop » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:07 am

I was making a campaign map and it got me wondering about flicking between different scale maps within BGRPG.

If I have a campaign scale map and encounter scale maps can I flick from one to the other and will BGRPG remember the status in each one? It would be nice to move the party through the campaign map, having it remember what has been revealed etc and the same for encounter maps, and be able to flick between maps as the move between travelling overland and moving into better detailed or encounter area maps.

Also, can I save the map status including Fog of War and Player/Monster token location between sessions?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:29 am

To do that, just save two separate Encounters (ie saved game). One is your battlemap setup, which shows all the character positions. The other is your campaign-scale map, with just a token showing the party position. Flip back and forth at will.

The same can be done if the adventuring party splits up. Just save the new "splinter party" under a different Encounter name, and remove them from the Encounter where they are with the rest of the party.

Dynamic Fog of War reveals are currently not saved. They just get re-generated based on the current player locations.

When FoW starts to have masking areas and hand-drawn reveals, then that info will get saved so that you don't have to recreate it each time you switch maps.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:35 am

Good question and info :D