Usability: Placing objects etc, down moves up (1.03, 1.04)

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kepli
High Commander

Usability: Placing objects etc, down moves up (1.03, 1.04)

Post by Kepli » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:58 am

Tested in version 1.03

The vertical offset when placing an object of figure goes into the plus-range for shifting downwards and negative-range for shifting upwards. I fall for this every time I use it. Perhaps pressing the down-arrow should shift it downwards and vice versa? :wink:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:52 am

Ah, I was thinking people would press the up arrow to move the figure up on the map, the down arrow to move it down. I can change that easily enough.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:33 pm

heruca wrote:Ah, I was thinking people would press the up arrow to move the figure up on the map, the down arrow to move it down. I can change that easily enough.
Eh ... that is exactly what I said ... When you raise the number on the vertical shifting (pressing the top arrow), you move the figure downwards now. I asume you want to make that the other way ... guess I didn't put it clear enough :wink:

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:46 pm

Moderator: Edited the title as this looks like a bug rather than usability issue

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:02 am

Settings still the same with v1.0.4 but the more I think about it the less certain I am of which way is intuitive. Have relegated it to Usability issue from Bug in the absense of inspiration.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:01 pm

This will be a moot point as soon as I implement the "drag unit with modifier key pressed" method of setting unit offsets.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.