BUG: Window Not Showing on Load (RC2) [FIXED]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Omnidon
Site Admin

BUG: Window Not Showing on Load (RC2) [FIXED]

Post by Omnidon » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:58 pm

This is a repost of a problem that has been affecting many versions of BRPG.

This bug causes the BRPG application window not to appear properly. It seems to only affect Windows users.
Farland wrote:I see what looks like the window flying off the left of my screen.
Maximizing BRPG will get it to reappear, but a better workaround is to use the Backslash key.

Workaround: The Backslash key will tell BRPG to set the window size and position back to the default of 1024x768.

Last edited by Omnidon on Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:04 pm

smatt1001 wrote:The other way I've found tro get around this problem is to just delete the user prefs file. BRPG will then open in the middle of the screen and can be manipulated from there

Just an FYI Heruca the default user prefs read like this after installation

1,2,4,Square,Black,100,0,-1126,-1078,-1008,-861

I think that's our best clue to this problem, unless you delt with that one previously.
Somehow those values are becoming negative. Perhaps you can bandaid-fix it by putting something in there to disallow negative values on that?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:53 pm

Bandaid fix applied for v1.0.

If significantly negative values are found, it will instead default to the 1024 x 768 layout (effectively hitting backslash for you before there's a need to).

I just wish I knew how those negative values were getting into the prefs file in the first place. Is there some strange Windows display driver/utility that could be causing that? Are only folks with multiple displays getting this problem?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:58 pm

--Marked as CHECK and moved down--

I only have 1 monitor atm, though I have used two in the past. Not with BRPG though.

1280 x 1024 resolution

It might be a driver. These modern video cards all come with fancy custom drivers.

I've got a Radeon x300, which does have dual-monitor support built-in.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:20 am

-- Marked Fixed --

Bandaid fix seems to have been working fine for several versions, and I doubt we'll figure out the cause of the original problem through further bug reports.