BUG: Sending Die Results (RC2 PR) [FIXED]

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
smatt1001
General

BUG: Sending Die Results (RC2 PR) [FIXED]

Post by smatt1001 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:20 pm

In some testing with one of my players we got the following odd results.

Dice results that were sent to everyone would appear in both the chat window and in the die roll window that would pop up as expected.

Die rolls for just the GM would not show up on the die roll panel BUT WOULD show up in the chat text for everyone to see.
Well, if BRPG someday becomes a household name (at least among gamer households), smatt1001 will be able to boast that he was the first person in the world to buy a license.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:11 pm

BRPG Manual (RC2 Edition) wrote:In multiplayer games, the results are reported in the chat output window, which keeps a log of all die rolls for future reference. If another player or the GM rolls the dice, a Die Roll Results panel will open on your screen, but not if you are currently using another panel.
Looks like it is supposed to appear in both the chat box and the popup.

Private GM rolls certainly shouldn't be appearing for everyone, though I seem to remember seeing somewhere that private rolls were not yet supported.

But don't trust me when it comes to dice... :P

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:20 pm

If die rolls that were intended to be private are showing up in the chat box of a non-recipient of the roll, it's a bug. I'll look into it.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

smatt1001
General

Post by smatt1001 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:55 pm

That's exactly what's happening
Well, if BRPG someday becomes a household name (at least among gamer households), smatt1001 will be able to boast that he was the first person in the world to buy a license.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:32 pm

I just fixed this for v1.0.

Private rolls are no longer reported (logged) in the chat window if you are not an intended recipient of the die roll. So the GM is free to make secret rolls (by selecting himself as the recipient) without danger of the players seeing what he rolled, or even knowing that he rolled the dice.

A player may also send a die roll secretly to another player, and the GM will never be the wiser. Not sure why you'd want to do this, of course, but you can.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.