Bug: D20 Dice and fudge roll

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
dittotb
Soldier

Bug: D20 Dice and fudge roll

Post by dittotb » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:44 pm

If I use the die roller and start off with D20 and try to fudge the roll it does not give me a list of numbers when I click on it the die just disappears. If I start with a different die number it works. Then If I go back to D20 it works as expected.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:42 am

Fudging D20 first time works for me (Win XP SP2, Beta 108)

Want to specify the parameters you had set for the dice? (Including your "Preferences" settings for dice).

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:19 am

One of my players also complained the dice were disappearing for him (WinXP). I imagine he was using the default settings for the dice, though I don't know what kind of dice he picked.

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:30 am

Hi Omnidon,

Can you describe what "disappearing" means in this context?

At the moment dice rolls will be automatically "written over" by a subsequent dice roll. So if you are receiving lots of rolls you may not even get a chance to see a previous roll before that data is replaced.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:45 am

I think this might be a case of user error.

I could only replicate what dittotb describes by trying to click on a d20 in the lower portion of the screen AFTER I had made a roll. I clicked on a die, it disappeared. This is because the program thinks I am trying to diiscard one of the rolled dice. You'll notice that the total at the bottom gets updated each time you remove a die.

What you need to keep in mind is that the Fudge checkbox gets automatically reset (unchecked) after every roll. If you recheck the Fudge checkbox, the dice will no longer disappear on you when you click on them, and you'll be able to select the desired result from the popup menu.

For the record, this is not specific to the d20. It works that way with any dice type, and it is intended behavior.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:22 am

heruca wrote:it is intended behavior.
Yeah that's what I told my player when he complain about it. I suspected he just hadn't figured out how it worked yet.
I can ask him for more details tomorrow.
He seems to be rather frightened of forums, I've been trying to get him to register.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:48 am

Omnidon wrote:He seems to be rather frightened of forums, I've been trying to get him to register.
Tell him we don't bite, and that the developer would love to hear some feedback on the software from a player's point of view. Most people here seem to be GMs, but I definitely want more player feedback. Are there things players would like to be able to do with the software but can't, for example?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

dittotb
Soldier

Sorry to have bothered you

Post by dittotb » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:48 pm

It appears to working perfectly tonight. I guess I was doing something wrong. I had not changed any preferences on my setup. The only thing I had to change was the IP address to be able to connect my two machines together.
Sorry again

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:41 pm

No apology needed Dittotb! If it happens again it would be cool if you could note exactly what selections you made with the dice roll and what your dice preferences are in the Preferences menu.