Mouse over on views panel

An archive for tracking bugs that have already been fixed
Kazander
General

Mouse over on views panel

Post by Kazander » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Small bug really, but probably something you want to fix.

If your BPRG window isn't maximized on the screen (vertically at least), then the sensitivity to mouse-over to make the views panel appear is displaced, until when BRPG is about 3/4 screen height you can't make the views panel appear at all. The sensitive area is somewhere off the bottom of the screen.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Oops, sounds like I goofed on my screen-coordinate math. :oops:

Thanks for pointing it out. Since I always use BRPG a full screen size, I wouldn't have picked up on it for quite a while.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:38 am

Expanding a bit on this, it looks like it works fine as long as the top of the map window is at or near the top of the display, even if the map window has been made fairly small.

But I will try to fix this for v1.6L.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:49 am

OK, it's fixed.

Question, though: would you prefer that the Views palette be automatically disabled if the map window is too narrow for it to be displayed fully? See the attached pic for clarification. I'm leaning towards "yes".

Note that you would still be able to use the number hotkeys for navigation, and access the View Manager panel, even when the Views palette isn't being displayed.
Attachments
Cropped Views palette.png
Cropped Views palette.png (21.91 KiB) Viewed 3165 times

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:51 am

I'm inclined to agree.

However to make it more user-friendly and idiot-proof, it would be nice if a small graphic replaced the Views palette with a notice "Views Palette Disabled Due to Window Width".

That way I won't post a "Missing Views Palette" as a bug 3 months from now after I've forgotten about this....

:roll: :oops: :lol:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Can someone please confirm that this bug has been fixed?

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Yes, this appears to be fixed in 1.6L.