Battlegrounds Games is rebooting

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

Battlegrounds Games is rebooting

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:28 am

Big things are coming, folks! Get ready for a massive reboot of Battlegrounds Games! I've quit my day job and am going to return to working on Battlegrounds full-time!

I'll need some help from you fine folks in order to make ends meet while I transition over to doing this; some crowdfunding campaigns are brewing behind the scenes in order to make this reboot possible (some of you have already read about my Kickstarter plans, but that's just one part of the overall plan). Oh, and you may be pleased to learn that a new BG website is also planned.

If all goes well, 2016 will be the year that I can finally develop and release Battlegrounds v2 (hint: that won't be what it's called). That will be a major undertaking, involving a significant rewrite, but it will pave the way for improvements and refinements that would never be possible with v1.x. Most importantly, v2 should restore Mac OS compatibility, and allow me to get Battlegrounds on the Mac App Store, and perhaps even on Steam. All of which should increase the Battlegrounds userbase significantly. Who knows, there might even be the possibility of a Battlegrounds companion app for iPads.

This is an exciting time for me, albeit a bit scary, too. I hope that I can count on your support in order to move forward on all this as quickly as possible. I look forward to the good old days of having new software and content releases every month or two, and to breaking new ground with features other VTTs will be dying to copy, and which will make Battlegrounds users feel truly vindicated with their choice of VTT.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Battlegrounds Games is rebooting

Post by Omnidon » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:55 pm

About time ;-) Great news!
What framework / language / IDE will you be using for it?

heruca
Developer

Re: Battlegrounds Games is rebooting

Post by heruca » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Probably Adobe Director 12, Lingo, with support for ActionScript 3.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.