BGE v1.6 is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.
The main features of this update are:
• Added a "Replace Token" command for updating token artwork on a unit.
• Added a "Replace Portrait" command for updating portrait artwork on a unit.
• Added an optional "Autostatus" feature for automatically updating the Status color of a unit as it takes damage or is healed
• Added the ability to adjust a unit's Hit Points (heal or injure) without accessing the Turn Sequencer
• Improved the way dice macros are displayed in the popup menus, for faster access to global dice macros
• Added 2x1 square bases for minis
• Added an "Unmovable" property to units
• Re-implemented and greatly expanded support for Flash media, and established an API for Flash<>BGE communication
• Minor bug fixes
The format for Game Files and Deployments has changed since BGE v1.5. There should now be format parity between BGE v1.6 and BRPG v1.8a or higher. Therefore, Game Files and Encounter files should be interchangeable between these programs. The same is true for Deployment files.
BGE v1.6 is currently only available as a patch for BGE v1.5. You must
already have BGE v1.5 installed in order to use this patch.Download:BGE v1.6 Patch for Mac & Windows
How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BGE v1.5 folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.
Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the BGE v1.6 download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.Version History:
• Added the ability to replace the token image on a unit (the currently-displayed token, on a multi-token unit). Simply select the "Replace Token" command from the Token submenu of a unit's contextual popup menu. This feature should be particularly useful for game designers using BGE as a digital prototyping and playtesting tool, if they need to update certain game components with re-designed game components.
• Added the ability to replace the portrait image on a unit (the currently-displayed portrait, on a multi-portrait unit). Simply select the "Replace Portrait" command from the Portrait submenu of a unit's contextual popup menu. This feature should be particularly useful for game designers using BGE as a digital prototyping and playtesting tool, if they need to update certain game components with re-designed game components.
• Added the ability to have BGE automatically update the Status of units listed in the Turn Sequencer according to conditions specified by the host. The Turn Sequencer Setup Wizard is used to specify the conditions to be evaluated every time a unit's Hit Point value changes. Autostatus is disabled by default. The feature becomes enabled when the host configures the conditions to be evaluated. The autostatus feature can also be disabled again, if desired.
• Added the ability to alter a unit's Hit Points (heal or injure) directly from the unit's contextual popup menu, without need of editing the appropriate row/s in the Turn Sequencer. This feature also works for multi-unit selections.
• Added 2x1 square bases in all the supported base colors.
• Added 2x1 square status halos in all the supported status colors.
• When exporting a media bundle, the user is now warned if required media assets are missing, and is presented with a list of the names of the missing assets.
• Added an "Unmovable" property to units. Selecting the "Unmovable" command from a unit's contextual popup menu toggles the setting on or off. An unmovable unit can be selected and actions can be performed on it (e.g., rotate, roll, swap token, etc.), but it cannot be dragged to a different location or moved using the movement hotkeys. The Movement Guide overlay will not appear for an unmovable unit. The "Measure Move" command is not available for unmovable units.
• Updated the file format for Encounters.
• Updated the file format for Deployments.
• Re-implemented Flash->BGE and BGE->Flash communication.
• Added a "Flash Settings" panel, to control the appearance and behavior of Flash units. The panel is accessed by selecting the "Flash Settings" command from a unit's contextual popup menu. This command is only available when the current token being displayed by a unit is a Flash asset.
• Added a property to Flash-based units to allow BGE hotkeys to be disabled when typing in a Flash sprite that contains a text input field.
• Added several Flash-specific functions, including the ability to select all minis, select all components, and select all Tiles.
• Change: When placing a component, it now defaults to having Antialias enabled, and to having Portrait set to "Use current token". This change should make creating a typical game conversion noticeably faster.
• The Dice Macro popup menu at the bottom of the game table window now shows global dice macros in a list, rather than tucked away in a submenu, for quicker access to them during play. Dice macros attached to minis are now listed in a submenu. The same goes for dice macros attached to components. This change in behavior has also been applied to the Dice Macro button on the Chat window, as well as in the Dice Roller window.
• Bug fix: Addressed some permissions issues having to do with the recently-added Flash functionality.
• Bug fix: Addressed a case of potential data corruption when reconfiguring the autostatus settings.