BRPG v1.8c is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.
The main features of this update are:
• Added an optional "Autostatus" feature for automatically updating the Status color of a unit as it takes damage or is healed
• Added the ability to adjust a unit's Hit Points (heal or injure) without accessing the Turn Sequencer
• Improved the way dice macros are displayed in the popup menus, for faster access to global dice macros
• Minor bug fixes
The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.8b.
BRPG v1.8c is currently only available as a patch for v1.8b. You must already have v1.8b installed in order to use this patch.
BRPG v1.8c Patch for Mac & Windows (8.2 MB)
How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into the corresponding BRPG v1.8b folders, overwriting the existing files when prompted.
Although a ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.8c download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.
• Added the ability to have BRPG automatically update the Status of units listed in the Turn Sequencer according to conditions specified by the GM. The Turn Sequencer Setup Wizard is used to specify the conditions to be evaluated every time a unit's Hit Point value changes. Autostatus is disabled by default. The feature becomes enabled when the GM configures the conditions to be evaluated. The autostatus feature can also be disabled again, if desired.
• Added the ability to alter a unit's Hit Points (heal or injure) directly from the unit's contextual popup menu, without need of editing the appropriate row/s in the Turn Sequencer. This feature also works for multi-unit selections.
• The Dice Macro popup menu at the bottom of the map window now shows global dice macros in a list, rather than tucked away in a submenu, for quicker access to them during play. Dice macros attached to figures are now listed in a submenu. The same goes for dice macros attached to objects. This change in behavior has also been applied to the Dice Macro button on the Chat window, as well as in the Dice Roller window.
• Bug fix: The Turn Sequencer sometimes failed to update properly if it was trying to list a unit that did not have the necessary sequencing data values declared.
• Bug fix: Addressed a potential error that could occur during launch if there was an issue with the license information.