BRPG v1.4b beta released

Battlegrounds Games product release announcements
Omnidon
Site Admin

BRPG v1.4b beta released

Post by Omnidon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:46 pm

heruca wrote:EDIT by Omni -- heruca sent me this update via email while away on his trip.

BRPG v1.4b is now available for download. It is to be considered in beta status for the time being.

The main features of this update are:
¢ Numerous bug fixes

The format for Encounters and Deployments has not changed since v1.4a. The "User Cast.cxt" file has not changed since v1.4a, so copying over the "User Cast.cxt" file from a prior BRPG version may be a fast and efficient way to preserve your media if you are updating from that version of BRPG.

EDIT by Omni -- The above is almost certainly still true, although heruca has not confirmed it yet.

This is a full install. A patch version is available below.

Download BRPG v1.4b here:
Windows version (123 MB)
Edit by Omni -- Mac Users: Use the patch version

Installation instructions are included in each download.

For convenience, v1.4b is also available as a patch. You must already have v1.4a installed in order to use this patch.

Download BRPG v1.4b PATCH here:
Windows version (2.3 MB)
Mac version (2.3 MB)

How to "install" this patch: Unzip the downloaded file, then simply move the included files into your BRPG v1.4a folder, and overwrite the existing files when prompted.

EDIT by Omni -- If you have problems with any of the zip files, fall back on the Mac patch, which I used to create the others. It is unchanged from when heruca sent it to me.

Although the ReadMe file with the information below is contained in the v1.4b download, some people might find it useful to see the changes prior to downloading the zip file.

Version History:
v1.4b

¢ Added buttons to the Unit Manager that allow a unit to be moved to the top or the bottom of the list with a single click.
¢ Holding down the Shift key while pressing the "Scroll Up" or "Scroll Down" button on the Unit Manager will now scroll to the top or the bottom of the unit list.
¢ Change: When placing units on the map while offline, units are no longer automatically hidden.
¢ Change: When cloning units, the cloned units will now be hidden only if the original units are hidden.
¢ Change: Some of BRPG's features & commands are now hidden from the user if Learning Mode is turned on (Learning Mode can be turned off via the Preferences panel).
¢ Bug fix: Changing the layer order in the Unit Manager was causing an error if content from an artpack was deployed on the map.
¢ Bug fix: Deployments were sometimes being saved with an extra ".bgd" suffix appended to the filename.
¢ Bug fix: Placing units on the map was causing the units to be misplaced if the "When FoW panel is closed" checkbox was enabled on the third Preferences screen.
¢ Bug fix: The contents of the "Category" menu were not being displayed correctly if more than one artpack was enabled and one or more of those artpacks was not free and not registered.
¢ Bug fix: Mass-deployed units were always being automatically hidden, even if the "Hide this unit after deploying it" checkbox was unchecked.
¢ Bug fix: The buttons for changing the stacking order in the Unit Manager are now properly disabled if more than one unit is selected in the unit list.
¢ Bug fix: Un-highlighting the selected unit in the Unit Manager by holding down the Control or Command key while clicking on the selected unit no longer produces an error.
¢ Bug fix: The Command panel is now sized properly regardless of where it is positioned on the screen.
¢ Bug fix: Tweaked the width and layout of the pulldown menus on the Map Settings panel to ensure that the contents of those menus are not cropped.
Last edited by Omnidon on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

canadrian
Soldier

Post by canadrian » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:25 pm

The links for the patches don't seem to be working. Regular version downloads (or the Mac one, at least) work though.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:25 am

Yeah, don't know how that got screwed up. Meant to check them before I left but was in a hurry.

Patch links have been corrected and work properly now.

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:52 pm

I got some feedback from my Mac user today since we're about to give 1.4b a try tomorrow.

When he downloaded the Mac (full) version he was unable to get it to work. He got a 'cannot execute binary file' error message when he tried to run the app.

When he downloaded 1.4a instead, and patched it to 1.4b, it worked fine however.

I can't really verify the problem myself since I don't have a Mac, but just thought it may justify taking a look at it.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:46 am

Kazander wrote:When he downloaded the Mac (full) version he was unable to get it to work. He got a 'cannot execute binary file' error message when he tried to run the app.

When he downloaded 1.4a instead, and patched it to 1.4b, it worked fine however
Yeah, I had concerns whether the Mac full version would work since I zipped it on a Windows comp. I've gotten them to work in the past, but clearly it failed this time.

As I had indicated, the Mac patch version is what I got from heruca so it should still work on Macs. Updated the original post. The full Mac version will probably be unavailable until heruca gets back.