Digital conversion of Guillotine

Find or advertise games. Show us how you use BRPG and/or BGE!

Feel free to post screenshots!
heyhogan
Sergeant

Digital conversion of Guillotine

Post by heyhogan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:16 am

This conversion appears to be OK. I am going to be testing over the next few weeks. Not sure how to quickly move cards to player hand area, and not sure how to control who can see what. Any suggestions here? I don't want folks peaking at other players cards, but I really don't want to keep changing ownership either. Is there a way to increase deal count option to 12? It stops at ten, but this game requires 12 cards to be drawn and setup.
Attachments
Guillotine.png
Here is the board view!
Guillotine.png (2.53 MiB) Viewed 1544 times

heruca
Developer

Re: Digital conversion of Guillotine

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:08 am

heyhogan wrote:This conversion appears to be OK. I am going to be testing over the next few weeks.
Looks OK. Some suggestions to make it look better:

1. Use the stack/stagger feature to automatically lay out all the cards in a perfectly neat horizontal row (after setting your stagger offset to an appropriate distance; I suggest using the CAPS LOCK key method to arrive at this distance).
2. If the player labels are made using BGE's text label draw tool, try adding a black border to the labels to help offset them from the background. One or two pixels thick should do the trick. Consider adding a slight dropshadow, as well, or instead of, a border.
3. Set the player aid card to antialiased. And consider making it a smallish free-floating object under the BG button in the upper left of the screen, with the portrait feature enabled on it. That way it is always on-screen and can instantly be referenced via a mouseover.
heyhogan wrote:Not sure how to quickly move cards to player hand area, and not sure how to control who can see what. Any suggestions here? I don't want folks peaking at other players cards, but I really don't want to keep changing ownership either.
I think you may want to re-read how card draws and card discards work. There is no need to change ownership manually, the program does it for you, and it shows non-owners the back of the card instead of the front (which only the player sees until the card is played).

heyhogan wrote:Is there a way to increase deal count option to 12? It stops at ten, but this game requires 12 cards to be drawn and setup.
I suggest you pre-deal the hands to all the players in your saved Game File, and then use the new "Shuffle Locations" feature at the start of the game to randomize who has what cards in hand (after selecting all the cards first, of course).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.