Noob with Questions

Find or advertise games. Show us how you use BRPG and/or BGE!

Feel free to post screenshots!
QMaverick
Cannon Fodder

Noob with Questions

Post by QMaverick » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:16 pm

OK, I have a few questions, but let me start by saying that this product looks awesome! My brothers and I love to get together for RPGs, but we grew up and got married--which entailed moving and kids, which makes it hard to get together in person. This could be the solution for us.

So, let's get down to it:

1.) I'm interested in playing the following games with this: Call of Cthulhu (non-D20 Chaosism version), Star Wars (WEG D6 version), possible D&D, Dragon Age, and I think that's it. What I want to know is if anyone else has been using this system for any of these games and how well it works.

2.) Are there content packs available for specific games? (props, character models, dice macros, etc.) Basically, for the game mechanics, I don't necessarily want to spend a ton of time setting up macros for a specific system when someone else has already done all the work. Perhaps there is a community sharing area that I haven't fully explored?

3.) Out of our gaming group, three of us take turns GMing--is there a package deal where we can get multiple GM licenses for a little less cash perhaps?

Well that's all I have off the top of my head. I did some research using the search feature of this forum and found some partial answers to my questions, but I hope you guys won't mind answering them directly which makes my life (which is a bit busy at the moment) a little easier. :-)

Oh, I'm a bit curious about how Battlegrounds came to be as well--just a group of fellow gaming geeks that wanted to make life better for the rest of us? :-) You don't have to answer that one--just curious.

Thanks in advance!

~New Guy

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Welcome, QMaverick.

I don't know much about the three RPG systems you mentioned, so I'll let folks who play those systems field that question.

There is some pre-made content for D&D 3E and 4E, as well as GURPS 3E and 4E (see here, for example). I made a "User Creations" subforum for folks to post things like this, but very few users have done so, unfortunately.

Regarding question 3, contact me via email and I might be able to arrange some sort of a bundle discount for a large order.

As for how Battlegrounds came to be, you can read the story here.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

QMaverick
Cannon Fodder

Post by QMaverick » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:15 am

Awesome, thanks for the fast reply.

There was one game I left off my list, and that is the new Dresden Files RPG.

Rest assured, if my brothers and I get very into this system (which is looking increasingly likely) and we make macro sets for the games we play, we'll post 'em up. :-)

For reference purposes:

Cthulhu is a D100 (percentage) based system. So, you want to sneak, you roll on it. Your sneak is 63%, so you have to roll under a 63 using two 10-sided dice (so a 2 and a 4 would make 24, meaning success).

WEG Star Wars is a D6 system--your skill in Blasters is 6D, so you roll 6D to shoot. You add up the dice and see if you rate high enough on a difficulty scale to succeed. If it's a heroic task, for example, you have to roll a 32 or higher. This game has wild-die where you re-roll 6's and 1's. 6's add up (so if you roll a 6 on your wild die, then another, then a 3, you got 15 total using only your wild die). If you roll a 1, you roll again. Another 1 means you mis-hap and bad things happen. Roll anything else, and you drop that plus your highest die and that is your total.

Dresden Files RPG, Star Wars, and Cthulhu are the three we would play most often using your system.