Best Screenshot Contest #2

Find or advertise games. Show us how you use BRPG and/or BGE!

Feel free to post screenshots!
heruca
Developer

Best Screenshot Contest #2

Post by heruca » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:29 pm

I don't think anyone would disagree that I need new and more compelling screenshots on the main site to really show visitors what BRPG is all about. The ones currently posted are dated and need updating. Seeing as how I'm always short of time, I think it would be fun to get some screenshots from you all, the actual users. So, with a little prompting from WyvernSting, I've decided to hold another Screenshot Contest.

THE RULES

Submit up to three entries any time between now and October 31st (Halloween), either by email to me, or by uploading the screenshot to this forum thread. On October 31st, I'll choose the best entries and post them on the main site. Whoever submits the best screenshot will win a prize, which this time around is a free map pack.

Keep in mind that I'm most likely to chose the winner based on which screenshot does the best job of showing off BRPG's features and visuals, or shows something in a particularly creative manner, or illustrates features that differentiate BRPG from other virtual tabletop programs.

By entering this contest, you grant me permission to post your screenshot on the main website, even if you don't win the prize. And even if you don't care about winning the prize, this could be a fun way that you can help out, and keep my focus on coding new features. :)

If you want, you are allowed to enhance/supplement your BRPG screenshots with text labels, descriptive boxes of text, and/or arrows pointing to various interface elements, since that can help explain things more clearly. In other words, don't limit yourself to just raw screenshots. The point is to create a promotional graphic that will make visitors go "Ooooh! I need to check this program out!".

This contest is open only to registered forum users. Each person may submit up to three entries.

Caveat: The last time this contest took place, there were only two entries. :oops: This time around, if there are not at least 10 entries by the deadline, there will not be a prize.

Good luck to everyone who enters!
Last edited by heruca on Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Cisticola
Sergeant

Post by Cisticola » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:07 pm

Cool.......You know me, always like a good challenge.... :D

blibertore
Cannon Fodder

Our Nuts Game

Post by blibertore » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:29 pm

We use Nuts and BRPG for skirmish miniature games. BRPG lends itself as a wonderful game table using no grid or snap to grid. We use no bases and all our dice rolls are macros...very fun stuff...

blibertore
Cannon Fodder

St. Marie Dumont at night.

Post by blibertore » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:59 am

Here the 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment miss drop and land all around the church in the center of town. The 191st Artillery battery HQ is unaware of the impending doom. The mission: Get 10 men off the table. The Germans are trying to prevent this of course. We used a generated Dunjinni map and used a blue overlay so it looks like night time. The map is a lot bigger of course. The church is the center of town. We have really enjoyed the features offered in BRPG to play our miniature skirmish Rules. Using the ingame tagging system to mark troops. Dice macro's for rolling on the to hit tables, In-Sight checks and received fire checks. It all comes together to make an excellent Miniature Games Table.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:53 pm

Nice pics, blibertore. :)

Reminds me a bit of the Close Combat computer games.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:46 pm

I love your screenshots blibertore ;-)

By the way, what are you using to make your maps?

Balesir
General

Post by Balesir » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:11 am

Omnidon wrote:By the way, what are you using to make your maps?
I believe he stated Dundjinni - in the post with second one, so that one at least (and I recognise the patterns, too 8) ).
Balesir

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Balesir wrote:
Omnidon wrote:By the way, what are you using to make your maps?
I believe he stated Dundjinni - in the post with second one, so that one at least (and I recognise the patterns, too 8) ).
Ah yes, thought they looked like Dunjinni maps but wasn't sure ;-)

blibertore
Cannon Fodder

Maps

Post by blibertore » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:11 pm

yes we do use Dunjinni for our maps..that last pic by the way didn't end well for the Allied 501st PIR, I had one turn were nobody could activate except for a few figures and one turn I spent consolidating my troops as best I could and Not using those times to run off the board..which was my objective...I did manage to get 6 off the board in 6 turns...and had we had one more turn to go, I would have had 9, maybe the 10 I needed to win.

Oh well maybe next time.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:36 pm

Just giving this thread a bump, since time is running out and there haven't been too many entries.

WyvernSting, you'll be submitting something, right? After all, you're the one who asked for a new contest. :P

And I'd like to think that Cisticola is holding back for now so as not to scare other contestants off. :lol:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:50 pm

OK, this contest is now over. It was a bust, yet again. :cry: :oops:

If anyone simply didn't finish in time and would still like to submit a screenshot/s for the website, feel free to email it to me whenever you finish.

Cisticola
Sergeant

Post by Cisticola » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi folks.....seems I am late.....

Using FoW here.....

.....and ....the beholder was not amused when the adventurers interupted him while doing the washing-up...
Attachments
FoW1_low-res_cis.jpg
FoW1_low-res_cis.jpg (165.68 KiB) Viewed 8358 times
FoW_low-res_cis.jpg
FoW_low-res_cis.jpg (166.7 KiB) Viewed 8354 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:03 pm

Those are gorgeous screenshots, Cisticola! Thanks for posting them.

Archmagician
Soldier

Re: St. Marie Dumont at night.

Post by Archmagician » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:45 pm

blibertore wrote:Here the 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment miss drop and land all around the church in the center of town. The 191st Artillery battery HQ is unaware of the impending doom. The mission: Get 10 men off the table. The Germans are trying to prevent this of course. We used a generated Dunjinni map and used a blue overlay so it looks like night time. The map is a lot bigger of course. The church is the center of town. We have really enjoyed the features offered in BRPG to play our miniature skirmish Rules. Using the ingame tagging system to mark troops. Dice macro's for rolling on the to hit tables, In-Sight checks and received fire checks. It all comes together to make an excellent Miniature Games Table.

Wow AWESOME! The old 501! aka Geronimo!

I was in the 508!

Airborne All The Way!

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:51 am

I know the contest is over, but thought I'd share a shot of something I'm working on. This is based off of Ruling Skill Challenges in the latest Dragon magazine.

The idea here is that the group has arrived at the keep to find that half of the garrison, including the commander is poisoned, and that there is a force in route that will be there by the morning after next. So they must prepare, and then defend the keep. A little DnD 4E knowledge might be needed, but I also wanted to point out how I'm using some Battlegrounds Features.

In preparing there are multiple skill checks the group can make. And some of these will be reflected in the layout. They can heal to get another unit. The crates and spars laying about the keep are set for Everyone to control, so if they make the athletics check I will allow them to build their fortifications with those, providing a bonus to the skill challenges, as well as setting their own terrain for the encounter. Side boarded are target dummy's, if they wish to prepare them to bluff their numbers. Also sideboarded are caltrops, that if they take the time they can prepare to slow the advance. The Blue Pin on the barracks has a portrait that is used to give some brief information regarding the skill challenges.

The green units, actually have 3 tokens assigned to them. Melee, Crossbows, and dead soldiers.

The hostile units are the enemy forces. The large ones are hoards of hobgoblins, or skeletons and are mainly defeated by the skill challenges. The hippogriffs along the bottom edge are also mainly for the skill challenges. The groups of individual units are seperate encounters. All of the units will have portraits attached that have the units information. The larger group of units is actually 2 encounters, sometime during the battle half of that group sneaks into the keep. I'm thinking of keeping them all shown until the challenge before the fight, then hiding half... See if anyone in the group was watching the command force. :D

Other things I want to do yet...
Create some dead enemy objects, just to put down as the battle progresses, seems only fair if I'm going to leave their dead soldiers on the field to taunt them that I should at least put some dead enemies out there as well.
Sound effects, I need some battle sound effects to play during this. The group I'm GMing has made it to level 4 already, but I want to make this battle seem truly epic... I just hope they don't expect this much every session.
I need a broken trebuchet for if they fail the Artillery skill challenge. Just so there's a change to the field depending on how they are doing.

Try doing this on a Chessex mat! :D
Thanks for a great program Heruca.
Attachments
Encounter.jpg
Based off of [url=http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dursc/2009June]Ruling Skill Challenges[/url]
Encounter.jpg (142.55 KiB) Viewed 8235 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:12 am

Neat screenshot. But a hexgrid for a D&D game? Is this some sort of house rule you're using?

nightwalker450
General

Post by nightwalker450 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:07 am

When the group start 4E, I'd read the rules beforehand. I didn't really like the square fireballs, and square cone effects, and of course non-euclidean geometry. The rest of the group wasn't very thrilled either. So it was the perfect opportunity to get them to switch to hex (which I'm a big fan of).

All of the rules work exactly the same, the only thing we had to do was define the close blast effects (cone).

So switching to hex, that was the only thing that really changed.

I just hope we can keep using hex, if we switch to other games as well.