BG Content Drive #1 (Kickstarter campaign) is now LIVE!

Other Battlegrounds Games news

BG Content Drive #1 (Kickstarter campaign) is now LIVE!

Postby heruca » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:33 am

The first in a series of relatively short Kickstarter campaigns has just launched!

Check it out here.
EDIT by Omni: The campaign has been relaunched, click here.

I've been looking forward to this day since late last year, and it's finally arrived. If you check out the Stretch Rewards, you'll see that this has the potential to raise Battlegrounds to prominence among the commercial VTs. More on that later.

Now go pledge and let's get this funded early-on so we have a shot at the all-important Stretch Goals. :D
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Re: BG Content Drive #1 (Kickstarter campaign) is now LIVE!

Postby heruca » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:04 pm

I just posted a new FAQ item on the KS campaign page. I'll post it here for easy reference.

Q: Will the artpacks be available for purchase after the Kickstarter campaign ends? If so, at what price point?
A: If this campaign fails to fund, it's possible that the handful of artpacks that have already been developed will be available for purchase individually. If the campaign does achieve funding, all 54 artpacks will be available individually, or in packs of 3 or 6 artpacks, or in a bundle for all 54 artpacks together. The price is expected to be $5 per pack, $12.50 for a 3-pack, $22 for a 6-pack, and $169 for the full set. The Fantasy Buff bundle of 28 pre-selected artpacks is expected to be priced around $89. Still a better deal than elsewhere, but not nearly as affordable as via this campaign.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:03 pm

Just posted the second Update.

There's been a noticeable uptick in BRPG and BGE license sales during this campaign, almost certainly a result of the increased marketing I've been doing on the interwebs. That's generally great news, and I can understand folks wanting their licenses right away, rather than have to wait two weeks for the campaign to end. However, it would REALLY help me out if you were to pledge to the Kickstarter instead, which today not only failed to increase in funding, it actually decreased by $100. You will save a few dollars in the process, perhaps significantly more if placing a large order.

Also, if you're backing out of the campaign because you think it won't achieve funding, there is NO reason to do so, as you wouldn't be charged anything should that happen. Please leave your pledges up, if only as a public show of support. Thanks.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:44 am

Just 10 days remaining in the campaign! It's not too late to turn things around.

Video Update 1 has just been posted. Please watch it, especially if you’ve decided not to support the campaign. You might just change your mind.
heruca
Developer

Postby Dormouse » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:49 pm

It's creeping up, though not very fast.
Looks as if it would get there eventually. Hope it is within the time limit (I have subscribed myself )
Dormouse
General

Postby heruca » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:55 pm

If I weren't so broke, I'd have made it a 4-week campaign, but even then I'm not sure we'd reach the goal, to be honest.

I really thought we'd have 100 backers by now, from the thousands of BRPG users.

That reminds me: those of you with just a Player Client, feel free to pledge and we can arrange to "gift" the rewards to your GM. Game Masters have already footed the bill for so many players (via Floating Licenses, artpacks, and a more expensive Client), maybe it's time their players gave something back. :P
heruca
Developer

Postby Dormouse » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:18 pm

Lots of users, but not so much recent activity on forum, so I'm not sure how many know of the campaign. I didn't get an email, so it was just chance I happened to visit last weekend.
It's a great offer and, I suspect, important to enable/encourage the development of BRPG/BGE2.
All the best with it.
Dormouse
General

Postby heruca » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:31 pm

Anyone who didn't get an email during this Kickstarter who wants to be on the Battlegrounds mailing list should make use of the "Subscribe to BG Newsletter" link on the Sidebar menu of the main website.

Not sure why you never got a mail, Dormouse. Two recent emails went out to thousands of users. The number of Unsubscribe requests I've already gotten far outnumbers the number of pledgers to the KS campaign.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:40 pm

I've goofed. Badly. :oops:

Please read the latest KS campaign update.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:43 pm

To help promote the Kickstarter campaign, and in general to get folks to try out BGE, I've started a "free use" promo. No license required to use the BGE software fully unlocked. Upon launch, a user will be made aware of the KS campaign.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:50 pm

I had to cancel the Kickstarter campaign. Any hope I had of a flood of last-minute pledgers were dashed, so it clearly wasn't going to fund.

But I'm not giving up. I'll be re-launching the campaign, in a substantially modified manner. See this Update.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:19 pm

I deleted the posts above regarding the banner ad for promoting the KS campaign. If anyone posted that anywhere, please take it down.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:19 am

OK, I've relaunched the campaign. Go check it out, and pledge early. Note that this is a very short campaign, just one week long.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:19 am

Woot! Almost 60% funded already! And I haven't even managed to send out the emails yet notifying the BG mailing list that the relaunch has happened.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:16 am

Woot! Woohoo! The campaign's minimum funding goal was finally reached tonight! This is actually going to happen! :D 8)

It's unclear whether the 4 days remaining in the campaign are going to be enough to reach the Stretch Goal/s, but I'm sure as heck going to try to make that happen.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:41 pm

It's down to the last 19 hours of the campaign. Anyone else wanting early access to BRPG v1.9 and BGE v1.8, please pledge soon. Tomorrow I'll be uploading a video preview of the new features, and I'm pretty sure many of you will want them for your games as soon as possible, and not have to wait for months to get them.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:55 pm

At last, the campaign is over. The final tally: $3,391 pledged by 32 backers.

Happy to have the project funded and to have a job for the coming month. Wish there had been more backers, though. This could have been (should have been) so much more.
heruca
Developer

Postby riddles » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Hey, at least it worked! :)
riddles
Captain

Postby heruca » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:13 am

New update posted, in which I mention a new feature in BRPG and BGE.
heruca
Developer

Postby heruca » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:47 pm

All 27 artpacks have now been delivered to the campaign backers, and BRPG v1.9 has been released for them to use while it's in beta.

BGE v1.8 is still in (late-stage) development, but I may have to put it on hold a few days while I prep the next Kickstarter campaign.
heruca
Developer

Return to Other News