Sneak Preview of forthcoming "Medieval Armies" artpack

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

Sneak Preview of forthcoming "Medieval Armies" artpack

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:29 pm

EDIT: This product has been released and is available on the store page.

Alynnalizza and I have been busy lately putting together what may well be the neatest artpack yet for Battlegrounds.

It's called "Medieval Armies", and consists of assorted troops (footsoldiers, cavalry units, leaders, corpses, etc.), all rendered in 5 unique homogenous styles, allowing you to depict five different armies or warring factions.

All the figures in this ~8 MB artpack come pre-sized and pre-rotated for use in Battlegrounds. They've all been scaled to match each other in relative size, and are all high-resolution (122 pixels per cell), so they won't pixelate even at full zoom in BRPG (the image below is only at 150% zoom). The figures are suitable for a game scale of 3 feet per hex (and 5 feet per square, too, of course). There are currently 98 tokens in the pack, but this might increase prior to release.

Even when you don't need an army, many of these figures can be used to represent city guards, local lords, or even PCs, so they should be useful in a number of games.

Anyone using BRPG for medieval or fantasy wargaming is bound to want this artpack. :)

The "Medieval Armies" artpack will cost $10 for GMs (but, like all artpacks, is free for players). However, it will be available for the first two weeks at an introductory price of $9. Half of the proceeds will go to Alynnalizza (the artist), and the other half to support continued development of BRPG. And if this artpack does well, Alynnalizza is almost certainly going to create more artpacks in the future.

Last edited by heruca on Tue May 05, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:42 pm

Here are preview images of the other four armies/factions. All were taken at 200% zoom, so you can see all the detail.

:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

ursus
General

Post by ursus » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:47 am

They look fantastic!

Balesir
General

Post by Balesir » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:48 am

Yes, indeed! Sign me up for a $9 purchase! :D
Balesir

Dormouse
General

Post by Dormouse » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Stunning images, though I don't often use armies etc in the poses shown. More frequently a few not so glossy men-at-arms supposedly on guard outside a door or squelching along as a bodyguard.

One point I would make is that, if I were buying, I'd like the resolution to be at least 200dpi. I already reduce the scale for BRPG, so adding a few more images to the folder to be rescaled would take virtually no time, but not having them in the same base format would create extra work for any other use, and probably lower resolution than they need be. Maybe more than one resolution (or both?) could be offered.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:47 pm

Dormouse wrote:not having them in the same base format would create extra work for any other use, and probably lower resolution than they need be.
Just so it's clear, these images come in BRPG's copy-protected artpack format, not as stand-alone PNGs, so using them outside of BRPG is not an option.

Dormouse
General

Post by Dormouse » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:36 pm

Ah, I wasn't clear about that. Should have been really since I know what the art packs are. I can see why the copy protection is wanted/needed.

devinnight
Sergeant

Post by devinnight » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:23 pm

Awesome work.