Latest Site Updates

Other Battlegrounds Games news
heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:42 am

My Aliens map isn't online, but here's one someone else did and posted at BoardGameGeek.com:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/fullimage/101474

The game rules are available there, too, in text (not PDF) format:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.ph ... ameid=1770

Once I have one more promo screen done, I'm going to make an animated GIF that cycles through all of them.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:57 am

I've updated the Features page to bring it more in line with v1.0.7a, and also updated the Downloads page to make v1.0.7a the new official (i.e., non-beta) version.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:06 pm

I updated the promo pic on the home page. This time it's a sci-fi theme. Specifically, the Aliens game I ran at iCon.

Soon I'll make an animated GIF that cycles through all of the various promo pics that have come before. That should drive home the point that BRPG is suitable for all genres of gaming.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:07 pm

Full Bleed wrote:Is the alien map available online somewhere? I know you mentioned the rules were...
I posted some images on boardgamegeek.com:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/images/game/1770

But the full map is not available for download, I'm afraid.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed May 16, 2007 9:14 pm

I've updated the Links & Resources page on the main site to include 2 new mapping programs and 2 new free virtual tabletop offerings.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:21 pm

Update the home page, the Downloads page, and the Features page to reflect the fact that the sample adventure has been released.

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:31 pm

Hey, in a little while you should consider taking a screen shot from the sample adventure and using it on the front page of the site.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Heh, funny you should say that, because I was planning on doing that tomorrow. At the same time that I switch from a static JPG promo pic to an animated GIF that cycles through all the prior promo pics in addition to some new ones taken from the adventure.

And once that's done, I'll start work on the next BRPG update. :wink:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:41 pm

I updated the first two screenshots on the Screenshots page with new scenes that are more interesting visually and show off some of the new Fog of War features.

I also updated the Fog of War panel screenshot on the "More Screenshots" page, since the original picture was obsolete.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:50 pm

heruca wrote:Heh, funny you should say that, because I was planning on doing that tomorrow. At the same time that I switch from a static JPG promo pic to an animated GIF that cycles through all the prior promo pics in addition to some new ones taken from the adventure.
OK, the new animated GIF is posted. Check it out on the home page and let me know if it's effective at conveying the message that BRPG is suitable for any genre or RPG system.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:41 pm

Looks good to me ;-)

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:13 pm

I think it works.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

greytale
General

Post by greytale » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:47 pm

heruca wrote: OK, the new animated GIF is posted. Check it out on the home page and let me know if it's effective at conveying the message that BRPG is suitable for any genre or RPG system.
Huh... what....I can't play "Toon" on this. :wink:

Looks cool Heruca. When is our first western game to round out the genres?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:09 am

Western would be a good genre to add. I''d also like to get a Star Wars Minis game in the sequence at some point. And maybe something with Battlemechs.

Elf
Cannon Fodder

Post by Elf » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:25 am

I like the Gif slide show! Well done... I think it demonstrates the non-system specific aspect of BGRP quite well.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:07 pm

Updated the Downloads page on the main site to include the two free adventures and links to the latest BRPG beta versions.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:55 pm

Updated the "Links & Resources" page to include two VTT feature comparison charts, and two VTT-related sites.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:13 pm

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:17 pm

Thanks. Fixed it.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:36 am

I've added yet another virtual tabletop app to the Links & Resources page.

It's called GlitterComm (Windows-only). It appears that the last free beta has just been released, and it will henceforth be a commercial VT app.

heruca
Developer

Now approaching 40 VTTs!

Post by heruca » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:39 pm

I've added a few more virtual tabletop apps to the Links & Resources page:

iTabletop
Dungeon Helper
Avalomhilly

I also deleted the Java speed reference on the Features page, per Trevor's request.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:24 pm

I have updated the Home page, the Features page, and the Licenses page on the main site.

Regarding the changes to the Licenses page, I updated it in order to provide more information, and to clear up a popular misconception that BRPG licenses are forever tied to a particular computer, and that you need to purchase a license again if you ever want to move BRPG to another computer. This is simply not true.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:22 pm

I have updated the Home page, the Features page, the Downloads page, and the Links & Resouces page.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:27 pm

heruca wrote:I've added yet another virtual tabletop app to the Links & Resources page.

It's called GlitterComm (Windows-only). It appears that the last free beta has just been released, and it will henceforth be a commercial VT app.
Some interesting new developments:
It now seems that GlitterComm will actually be free, not commercial after all.
It has a new 3D view.

Read about it here:
http://glittercomm.com/

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:00 pm

I've updated the Home page, the Features page (to include new features added since v1.0.8b, and new features added in the v1.2 beta), the System Requirements page, the Screenshots page (fixed the numbering on the thumbnails), and the Links & Resouces page (added a link to EpicTable, and fixed the link to the iCon VT Feature Comparison Chart).